Sign in to follow this  
Phins4life

My first draft of the year

I thought the starting lineup turned out alright, until Foster re-aggravated his hammy. Now I'm paranoid I'm gonna have another injury plagued year. I ended up opting to drop Helu for Tate on waivers as a handcuff, even though I honestly think Helu could be solid as a rookie.

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Arian Foster

RB: Lesean McCoy

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Dwayne Bowe

TE: Vernon Davis

W/R: Austin Collie

K: Dan Carpenter

D/ST: Jets

B: Joe Flacco

B: Davone Bess

B: Marshawn Lynch

B: Todd Heap

B: Roy Helu

B: Chargers

Starting lineup looks great. Matt Ryan could very well end up being in the top 5 for points among QB's. Foster's hamstring will end up being ok-many analysts said people would be hurting them this offseason due to the lack of prep work and practice. McCoy is a #1 back, so this could be great. Nicks is going to have a big year, especially now that Steve Smith is gone. I'm not yet sold on Bowe repeating his great 2010 performance because of the tougher schedule and the new incoming recievers, but Charles just might take away enough defenders to allow Cassel to toss it all over the field to Bowe. Davis is an elite option at TE, and Edwards might help to take eyes off of him. Collie is a good flex option-he puts up big numbers when he plays but his injury concern is there. There are always players every year that put up big numbers on the waiver wires, or at least numbers worthy of starting, so don't get too concerned about that. Carpenter is fine for kicker. Jets defense is a pretty good pick but their schedule this year is against some tough offenses-Philly, Dallas, New England (twice), Giants, and more. If they improve their pass rush they can be top 5 in points. Backups aren't too shabby. No need to keep a backup defense though-you can drop the Chargers and find a favorable matchup when the Jets are on their bye. I'm not yet sold on Lynch either. People are giving him too much credit due to one good postseason performance. Flacco is a solid backup (even a low end starter), Bess could be in for good numbers if Miami's QB situation improves, and Heap could be productive in Arizona. If not, I'm sure Keller or Hernandez or Gronkowski are on the waiver wire and they can be solid starters. Overall good draft, especially with your starters!

According to ESPN, Foster's hammy injury is a tear. FML. I'm starting to hope that the Seahawks passing game can open up enough room for Lynch to do some work, just in case I need him more than anticipated.

Just watch the waiver wire-people will spring up. Just be ready to take 'em.