Sign in to follow this  
G-Men

Good move by me?

Did a draft today and took a small risk to see what i can make out of it. Not a lot of QB's were being taken early on and at the beginning of rnd 5 i see Peyton Manning still on the board so I take him. I specifically did it for trade purposes. I already had Brees. After i realized they have the same bye so i pretty much have to make a deal to justify the pick. I like the way my team looks but i definitely need another WR. My plan is to try to get as good reciever as possible to put next to Hakeem Nicks and Dwyane Bowe. Out of Drew and Peyton I really don't care which one i keep. I'm willing to trade whichever one gets me the better deal.

Current Team:

QB - Drew Brees

WR - Hakeem Nicks

WR - Dwayane Bowe

WR - Plaxico Burress

RB - Adrian Peterson

RB - Ryan Grant

TE - Kellen Winslow

K - Sebastion Janikowski

D/ST - New England

Bench

Peyton Manning

Joseph Addai

Brandon Jacobs

San Diego (D/ST)

Brandon Pettigrew

Jacoby Jones

Guest Phailadelphia

How the hell did you get Brees AND Peyton?

You've got a pretty solid team. I'd personally try to trade Peyton or Brees one for a RB and TE package.

Good move. People need an elite fantasy QB and you have two of 'em. Personally, I'd pick up a decent 2nd WR/RB. I'm not sure how productive Grant will be (although he had some decent years in GB), and I don't think Bowe will replicate last year's numbers. Winslow isn't a bad call at TE, so no need to for a TE unless you can manage to get Clark/Davis/Witten and a decent WR or RB. Take Hightower off the waivers if you can-he won't be bad if you can't get a good RB.

How the hell did you get Brees AND Peyton?You've got a pretty solid team. I'd personally try to trade Peyton or Brees one for a RB and TE package.

Did you read my post? Manning fell so I grabbed him

Good move. People need an elite fantasy QB and you have two of 'em. Personally, I'd pick up a decent 2nd WR/RB. I'm not sure how productive Grant will be (although he had some decent years in GB), and I don't think Bowe will replicate last year's numbers. Winslow isn't a bad call at TE, so no need to for a TE unless you can manage to get Clark/Davis/Witten and a decent WR or RB. Take Hightower off the waivers if you can-he won't be bad if you can't get a good RB.

I'm taking a shot with Grant in a couple of leagues so he better produce lol. Yeah i was able to pick up Winslow kinda late. Not elite but his numbers will be solid. I think people are catching on to Hightower. I was actually looking at him in the draft but someone else took him. Thats how i ended up with Jacobs. My priority is anothe solid reciever and maybe a rb if i can get one. I'm going to see what offers i get 1st

Unless it's a REALLY good deal, none of this package trade bullshit. You have a Tier 1 QB. Do your best to make sure you get a Tier 1 WR or RB in return.

My .02.

Try to get another high RB who's consistent. You never know, Bowe could end up solid again (although I doubt he'll replicate like I said), and there'll be waiver wire WR's. RB's put up more points when elite so try to trade Peyton for one-maybe somebody along the lines of LeSean McCoy, Michael Turner, or MJD...they aren't in the top 3 for RB's taken generally and I'm sure you could get one. Especially Michael Turner-people say he's overrated but he'll give you 1200 yards and 10 TD's. Maybe get a lower end 1st or decent 2nd with him and that's a fair deal for Peyton.

• Upvote 1

Try to get another high RB who's consistent. You never know, Bowe could end up solid again (although I doubt he'll replicate like I said), and there'll be waiver wire WR's. RB's put up more points when elite so try to trade Peyton for one-maybe somebody along the lines of LeSean McCoy, Michael Turner, or MJD...they aren't in the top 3 for RB's taken generally and I'm sure you could get one. Especially Michael Turner-people say he's overrated but he'll give you 1200 yards and 10 TD's. Maybe get a lower end 1st or decent 2nd with him and that's a fair deal for Peyton.

Thanks man. I agree about Turner. I had him last season in one of my leagues and he was pretty solid all season long. I know Bowe won't replicate but i can't even name KC's 2nd WR or starting TE and they have a somewhat competant QB. Bowe should have 1000 yards again and be flirting with double-digit TD's.

No problem. Yeah, Turner is a great option. Bowe could get 1000 yards, I agree, and I think flirting with 10 TD's is realistic. They did pick up Steve Breaston though, drafted a WR, and Tony Moeaki could do much better as a sophmore TE, not to mention Charles takes receptions. They also have a tougher schedule, so I'm not confident Cassel will be as efficient. Turner and somebody like Welker would look good for Manning. Just be sure you can pick up somebody decent as a backup QB.

I get the feeling the guys you drafted against didn't know dick about what they were doing.

With that said though, you did a solid job. As for what to look for when trading Brees or Peyton.. see if you can find a first-target WR. Unless these guys are dying for a QB, I doubt you will get a high-end RB out of them. But who knows, they let Peyton fall that far so..

:rofl: