Vorcha

Seahawks 9/11 game....

I am 1 happy Seattle Seahawks fan! I will be going to the Seahawks 1st game of the season at Candlestick Park on sunday. The NFL has invited the soldiers who just came back to the states from their last deployment to come and watch 1 of the games this Sunday for free! The last Seahawks game I went to was Steve Largents final game on December 23rd, 1989 at the Kingdome....

Awesome news, Vorcha. Congrats and have fun. I'll be watching the game here from home. I hope you have fun, and of course, Go Hawks!

• Downvote 2

I am 1 happy Seattle Seahawks fan! I will be going to the Seahawks 1st game of the season at Candlestick Park on sunday. The NFL has invited the soldiers who just came back to the states from their last deployment to come and watch 1 of the games this Sunday for free! The last Seahawks game I went to was Steve Largents final game on December 23rd, 1989 at the Kingdome....

What branch are you with? And congrats :). Be safe with it being 9/11 and all.

I was a Corpsman in the US Navy. You may find this hard to believe but in the 14 years I served in the US Navy I never stepped foot on a ship. And the only time I had seem a ship was when I had just been discharged and was on a plane taking off from the San Diego Airport heading home to San Jose CA. Its funny but true....

What branch are you with? And congrats :). Be safe with it being 9/11 and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey everyone, the Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers was a really good game to watch. Of course it would of more enjoyable to watch if the Seahawks had won. But the winners and losers of that game wont be what I will remember most in 10-20 years from now. Even though the vast majority of the people who attended that game were 49er fans at no point did it have that feeling of 2 rival fans rooting for their teams. It was painfully obvious that everyone in that stadium were very emotional. You could actually feel it, emotions were so thick and heavy you could of cut it with a knife. Their were no 49er fans and their were no Seahawk fans at that game. And for the next 60 minutes of game time their were only Americans in that stadium that came together in remembrance of the tragic events on September 11th, 2001. I just wish that we Americans could be like this all year round and not just on special days a couple times a year....

I was a Corpsman in the US Navy. You may find this hard to believe but in the 14 years I served in the US Navy I never stepped foot on a ship. And the only time I had seem a ship was when I had just been discharged and was on a plane taking off from the San Diego Airport heading home to San Jose CA. Its funny but true....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1