Sign in to follow this  
Duck Fallas

Redskins thread

Kinda got tired of seeing all of the Giants, Eagles and Girls threads.

Really not much to talk about, other than them being 2-0 heading into a MNF game against the only team I truly hate. Gonna be a good one, methinks.

How many people expected the Washington Redskins, the "worst team in the NFCE by far" would be sitting at 3-1 going into their bye? The team is really looking like a real team that can play together. Defense looks great, offense needs a bit of work. Most people predicted the Redskins would finish the season at 4-12 and in thick of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Redskins are indeed looking much better than I ever expected. I would really love for Santana Moss to get more action. Dude is just so good (and underrated). I also really like that Helu fella.

I couldn't agree more. Moss is having a decent season, I expect him to blow up in the next couple of weeks.

Roy Helu is going to be something special. He has the best vision of any back the Redskins have had in some time. I can't wait for him to really adjust to the speed of the NFL game.

I guess the NFCE is still the toughest divsion. Who would have guessed the two teams who many predicted would be battling for the 3rd spot in the division would both be sitting at the top. Still early in the season but Skins do look impressive so far. This should get interesting though. No team in the division looks amazingly good but not one team looks bad either.

Question for a skins fan: what happened to hightower? Torain carried the load today and was very productive. This is more of a fantasy question. Just need to know if Torain is worth grabbing.

Nothing official that I know of happened to Hightower. He got banged up a little bit, and Torain ran in a 20 yd TD on his second carry of the season, so Shanahan decided to give it to the man with the hot hand.

I guess the NFCE is still the toughest divsion. Who would have guessed the two teams who many predicted would be battling for the 3rd spot in the division would both be sitting at the top. Still early in the season but Skins do look impressive so far. This should get interesting though. No team in the division looks amazingly good but not one team looks bad either.

Question for a skins fan: what happened to hightower? Torain carried the load today and was very productive. This is more of a fantasy question. Just need to know if Torain is worth grabbing.

I don't think anything happened to Hightower. Shannahan is known for always going with the hot rusher, and Torrain was running with purpose today. He got the brunt of the carries, and came through. We have 3 good backs, and its nice to know that we are able to be so flexible with the backs.

As for the skins, im still skeptical about this team. It is great that they are 3-1, but then again, they also haven't had any standout wins yet. The win against the giants is always big, but it did come against a veery banged up team. The second half of our schedule is brutal, and that stretch will determine how we do, obviously.

Regardless though, it is great to be 3-1 heading into the bye week, getting ready for a big home NFC east battle with the Eagles. If we can win that game, I will start fully buying into what the skins are doing.

My pre-season prediction:

1. Giants

2. Skins

3. Cowboys

4. Eagles

I wish I had it in print somewhere...it may be on the Cowboys forum somewhere. I'm starting to feel like a f'n genius.

It's still early, but the Skins haven't surprised me. I thought they would be pretty tough, even with Grossman at QB.

(I'm not one of those Skins-Hating-Cowboys-fans. I understand the hate, but I don't participate. I just like football.)