Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

Stanford

The teams that I hear everybody putting in the National Championship game are: Oklahoma, LSU, Alambaba, Wisconsin, & Boise State. There are teams that could sneak in if they finish undefeated (Oklahoma State, Clemson, etc.) but it's almost a guarentee that two of the first teams mentioned will make it in. I'm curious of where people think Standord will go if they manage to beat Oregon (at home) and remain undefeated throughout the season. Where would an undefeated Stanford go?

The Rose Bowl.

They need Oklahoma to lose and either LSU beat Alabama then lose to Arkansas or Alabama beat LSU then lose to Auburn. They'll jump over Boise State no problem when it comes to BCS game nods. I'd say Wisconsin is the wild card. They've been pretty impressive and the BCS loves putting Big10 schools in the big game.

The Rose Bowl.

They need Oklahoma to lose and either LSU beat Alabama then lose to Arkansas or Alabama beat LSU then lose to Auburn. They'll jump over Boise State no problem when it comes to BCS game nods. I'd say Wisconsin is the wild card. They've been pretty impressive and the BCS loves putting Big10 schools in the big game.

Yeah, that's the way I see it playing out, if everything stays the course.

LSU/Alabama would play Oklahoma in the championship game.

Undefeated Stanford would play Undefeated Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

Undefeated Boise State would be matched with the LSU/Alabama loser in the Sugar Bowl.

I really don't think Stanford will finish undefeated though

I agree with what was said above, except that Wisconsin is a wildcard. If Wisconsin goes undefeated and either Oklahoma loses or both LSU and Alabama lose, Wisconsin is in, and there is a decent chance that could happen. Most likely scenario, though, is LSU/OU National Championship (I predict LSU>Bama) and a UW/Stanford Rose Bowl. That would be one hell of a Rose Bowl, by the way.