Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Photography: Portraits

Ok, so I've always been a landscape photographer. Well this week's assignment was for portrait photography, including doing self-portraits. Well I recently purchased a baller portrait lens and a ring flash. Here is the result.

Artificial lighting (ring flash)

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_7413-2.jpg

IMG_7416.jpg

Natural Lighting:

IMG_7515.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

IMG_7568.jpg

and now my favorite

IMG_7562.jpg

Rest of my work here of course: http://AndyAustinPhotography.com

As always tell me your favorites.

• Upvote 1

Very nice. Siiiick camera I'm sure, lol. My fav is the first. Rest are great too.

WHAT A DEFINED CHIN.

first is my favourite too. nice work on these. loved all your photos so far

Great photos! I took the time to look through some of the others and you have some real talent potential here! That girl's pretty good looking if I do say so myself. :yep:

Thanks a bunch guys, I actually am currently using a six year old canon. In its day it was awesome, but now I'm in serious need of an upgrade. I plan to hopefully sell prints off my website and put some money towards a new camera.

The lovely lady is my girlfriend of almost a year and half

Great shots and I love the website. Did you design it yourself or had someone do it for you?

Great shots and I love the website. Did you design it yourself or had someone do it for you?

I used a theme for Wordpress that I customized. I simply don't have the time to design and code the whole thing myself. Plus it wouldn't be as good as using a pro theme. I got it from elegantthemes.com, you pay like $30 a year and have unlimited access to hundreds of themes, plus they give you tons of support. I used another of the themes on another site I built a few weeks ago, wocinternational.org

Photographers can make easy money by taking shots at parties and other events. You should advertise your site to people you know and in your town, put up some prices and info on your site, and see if anyone will hire you. It's not an awful job--you get to go to parties and events, have fun and eat food, and take pictures. It's not the best use of your talents but I know it's a quick way to make money.

Photographers can make easy money by taking shots at parties and other events. You should advertise your site to people you know and in your town, put up some prices and info on your site, and see if anyone will hire you. It's not an awful job--you get to go to parties and events, have fun and eat food, and take pictures. It's not the best use of your talents but I know it's a quick way to make money.

I hear ya, right now it's impossible because of football season...but it is a definite possibility for the off season. That's how a lot of landscape photographers make their money, because there isn't much money in landscape photography.