Name  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Photography names?

• SnowCapPhotography.com
    • MtnPeakPhotography.com
    • Peakphotography.co
    • Peakphotography.org
    • Bigsky-photography.com

Ok so as you guys remember I picked all of your brains as far as names. Well I've kinda narrowed it down. Peakphotography.com cost $2,588 so I'm not buying that shit. But .co and .org is available (.co is $25 a year, .org is $10 a year)

This will be the logo (words changed accordingly)

NEW-BSP.png

I think the Peakphotography.org or SnowCapPhotography.com would be your best bets. Espeicially if the SnowCapPhotography.com doesn't cost as much as the other 2000$ dollar one.

I think the Peakphotography.org or SnowCapPhotography.com would be your best bets. Espeicially if the SnowCapPhotography.com doesn't cost as much as the other 2000$ dollar one.

that's kinda what I've got it narrowed down to in my own mind as well. While leaning towards peakphotography.org.

I did Search Engine Optimization (SEO) this summer as a job and it's all about getting your site ranked higher in google and all.

Here are a few reasons why I've canceled out the others:

Peakphotography.co - .co is expensive, but most importantly it can be confusing. People are so used to .com that they may forget it's only .co and type in .com.

mtnpeakphotography.com- because my business is mostly spoken word it may be difficult to explain that mountain is abbreviated. You'd tell people to go to mountain peak photography, but would have to explain to them that it's mtn.

bigsky-photography.com- once again it's spoken word, so having dashes can be confusing as well. Also, every business in Montana is named BigSky____. I saw 5 businesses named Big Sky whatever on a three mile stretch in my town. So it lacks originality.

keep in mind that the reason peakphotography.com is so expensive is because somebody is running a profitable website there, which looks like a photography company run under the name peak photography, with that in mind I would eliminate that name because of the potential confusion, and I would eliminate Mountain Peak Photography because it's too similar, but that's just me

As for which one I like, I like Snow Cap Photography, it's got a nice sound to it

keep in mind that the reason peakphotography.com is so expensive is because somebody is running a profitable website there, which looks like a photography company run under the name peak photography, with that in mind I would eliminate that name because of the potential confusion, and I would eliminate Mountain Peak Photography because it's too similar, but that's just me

As for which one I like, I like Snow Cap Photography, it's got a nice sound to it

Which site are you referring to? Because peakphotography.com just comes up as a forsale page. I'm actually pretty damn good at SEO so I know if I do decide to use peakphotography I can beat out all of the other pages for google rank.

Yikes, I just googled snowcap (without photography) and found out it's a kind of weed. I'd prefer not to associate my photography with weed :/

Yeah those are some of the things that went through my head as well while reading them. Although, I wouldn't know that Big Sky is a common business name in that area.

Yikes, I just googled snowcap (without photography) and found out it's a kind of weed. I'd prefer not to associate my photography with weed :/

Wow, didn't know that. If you want people searching fro the website your right it's probably best not to have it associated with that stuff.

Edited by Barracuda

ok, eliminating that one would be a good idea, and I just looked at peakphotography.com again and now I do see the domain for sale banner at the top, I missed that before, ignore my previous comment

Yeah those are some of the things that went through my head as well while reading them. Although, I wouldn't know that Big Sky is a common business name in that area.

It's because Montana's nickname is "Big Sky Country" So I've literally seen 50 since I looked at that name.

ok, eliminating that one would be a good idea, and I just looked at peakphotography.com again and now I do see the domain for sale banner at the top, I missed that before, ignore my previous comment

Ha I feel ya, I can just see someone leaving off the photography part and going holy shit.