• Cortland Finnegan
    • Daryl Smith
  2. 2. Who is the better player?

• Dwight Freeney
    • Johnathan Joseph
  3. 3. Who is the better player?

• Kenny Britt
    • Jeff Saturday

Ok, you should be able to get the gist of this fairly easy. You vote for the player whom you think is better. Consider their 2011 season to be the main factor in your voting, and the year before as secondary. Throw potential out the window, it's about who is better right now.

Each topic will have 3 matches to vote on, I'll do 4 divisions a day, and we should finish in 40 days, giving a few extra in case tiebreakers need to happen. The top two players in each division will move on to the single elimination tournament.

Due to the late start of this topic, you'll have until 8 PM Eastern tomorrow (the 7th of February to get votes in). Subsequent topics will last 24 hours from the topic's creation give or take a few minutes.

Anyway, get your votes in.

The toughest match for me was Dwight Freeney vs. Johnathan Joseph. Freeney has long been one of the sickest DE's in the league, and he did earn a pro bowl nod, but JJ flat out stomped the competition and meant so much more to the Texans D than Freeney did to the Colts D last year. Only two penalties from Joseph and when you include his stats in the playoffs, he was targetted 91 times and allowed 602 yards, which are great numbers from the number 1 corner.

Another tough one for me was Finnegan against Daryl Smith. Finnegan never allowed more than 71 yards in a game this year (Stevie Johnson), and was scarcely targetted by opposing QB's. He gave up quite a few catches, but they were always short yards and always wrapped up properly. He doesn't shy away from tackles either and is stepping into the shoes of Antoine Winfield and Champ Bailey as a great cover corner who can tackle. However, I went with Daryl Smith, because as good as Finnegan was this year, Daryl Smith continued his excellence as the most well rounded outside linebacker in football. Smith finds a way to make an impact in every game he plays, and always makes key stops when they're needed. If the Jags had something better than a high school offense they could have easily been in the playoff hunt.

Saturday vs. Britt was an easy decision for me. Britt can easily be better if he stays healthy, but he's as fragile as a glass statue.