Zack_of_Steel

First Look: Feast Your Eyes On Kevin Durant’s “Thunderstruck” Movie Trailer

First Look: Feast Your Eyes On Kevin Durant’s “Thunderstruck” Movie Trailer

By Gotty™ on June 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

kevin-durant-thunderstuck-movie-600x222.jpg

We all saw it. After the Thunder clenched the WCF, Kevin Durant pop up in what appeared to a gag clip featuring him and a doofy kid connected in a basketball misadventure. “Nah, this can’t be real” was the shared response by most. Then towards the end of the clip, the film’s title, Thunderstruck, appeared on the screen and a date was announced for when it will hit the silver screen. That’s right, no straight to DVD business for KD.

With the news comes the instant comparison to Shaquille O’Neal and Kazaam, the measuring stick of bad athlete-turned-actor flicks. Shaq catches a lot of flack for Kazaam (and rightfully so) but I don’t think the superhero stinkbomb Steel gets enough discredit in the oeuvre of bad Shaq movies. Having said that, Blue Chips was a dope ass movie. The point-shaving scene was sports cinema perfection and forever long live Penny as “Butch McRae.”*** All ramblings aside, expect Thunderstruck’s Rotten Tomatoes rating to fall somewhere in the mix of those the Big Aristotle’s films, but definitely lower than his ppg average.

* – Honestly, I’m not even sure it’s worthy of VHS release.

** – No matter what, Shaq’s movies still are better than his TWIsM clothing line.

*** – The scene when Butch went to the coach trying to draw up his own play

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2012/06/kevin-durant-thunderstruck-movie-trailer

Someone mentioned this on Steeler Nation and I thought it was an elaborate joke that he had fabricated. I lol'd so fucking hard when I saw it was real.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Um, ya. Give me fucking Shazam any day.