DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Dmac's top 10 C (3-1) up

Al+Horford+Atlanta+Hawks+v+Chicago+Bulls+k1rYPi0fBSrl.jpg

3. Al Horford, C, Atlanta Hawks

GP: 11 GS: 11 MPG: 31.6

12.4 PPG .554/0.0/.733, 58.5

7.0 RPG, 2.3 AST, 1.3 BPG

19.16 PER

Al Horford’s stats this past season were only the results of him playing 11 games all season due to a pectoral muscle tear, so take what you see from this past season with a grain of salt. It doesn’t matter whether or not he’s in the right position, Al Horford was on the cusp of being a top 25, top 30 player before this past injury riddled season. He is arguably the best shooting big man in the league, one of the best mid-range jump shooter in the league regardless of position, and is already the best shooting center in the NBA, capable of scoring from virtually anywhere outside of the three point line. He’s also one of, if not the best passing centers in the NBA, in 2011-2012 (granted in limited playing time) he had the third highest assist rate of any center, and in 2010-2011, his last “healthy” season had the second highest assist rate of any center as well as he led all centers in assists per game. And he doesn’t turn the ball over, a trait that you don’t see very often in a big man, especially one who handles the ball that often. He is also a very outstanding defender, capable of banging with the bigs in the paint (except Howard, but almost everyone struggles with him), clear the glass, block, disrupt shots, and is mobile enough to get out on pick and rolls and reach out on shooters.

He isn’t an elite rebounder, but he doesn’t need to be, he averages 9.5 rebounds for his career, which is exactly around the area you want your center to be at about. His biggest downfall, and the area in his game that he must improve to challenge the likes of a Howard and Bynum is, he needs to develop the ability to score without relying heavily on being assisted by his teammates. Some of that has to do with the fact that he takes (and makes) a lot of jumpshots, but regardless, a player this high on the list should be able to consistently draw doubles in the inside and score without so much aid from his teammates. That is an area where Horford will have to improve to take the next step. But, before he went down with the torn pectoral muscle he was showing signs and flashes of improving in that area. Hordford has a bright future ahead of him if he can keep improving and get the proper coaching.

Andrew+Bynum+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+v+Los+Angeles+tKW61Chd6yBl.jpg

2. Andrew Bynum, C, PHI 76ers

GP: 60 GS: 60 MPG: 35.3

18.7 PPG .558/.020/.692, 59.4 TS%

11.8 RPG, 1.4 AST, 1.9 BPG

23.01 PER

At number 2 we hit Bynum, a guy who has all the potential in the world, but injuries have not been kind to him. This season he finally was able to stay healthy, and we saw exactly what we all expected from Bynum, a dominant offensive player with the potential to be a great defensive force. Bynum is very strong, and knows how to use his strength, but where he sets himself apart from Howard as arguably the better offensive player is that while the strength is there, the touch and the moves are also there to play off of. The semi baby hook, and the quick turnaround shot he takes over you while you try to wrestle with his size, he can be a hassle in the paint. To go along with his great offensive game is his elite rebounding, in large part due to the fact that he is so physically gifted as leaper for a guy of his size, and he is so strong that there are times where he can rebound and make it look effortless, even when he’s surrounded. Defensively, he is very mobile rim protector who knows how to use his size to his advantage. He displays at times (keywords “at times”) the dominance that Howard displays, the type that you can build a team around.

Bynum’s biggest obstacle is his health, specifically his knees. It seems like every year problems are pilling up with his knees, how much more can they handle? He has the potential to be on Howard’s level, but he may be on Howard’s level and will never get to show it because he’s always hurt. The other key issue with Bynum is consistency, in almost every facet of his game outside of rebounding. Some nights you see the real Bynum on offense, other nights you see a lazy player who isn’t giving it his all. Defensively, its even worse, he has shown all the attributes and signs of being an anchor on defense, but he shows them inconsistently, and for the second straight year, in the playoffs, his defense started to disappear. The awareness was not there, the anticipation was fading, he seemed completely out of it defensively at times. His consistency and attiude are another area where he will need to improve. Will he at some point become the best center in the NBA? Maybe, but there are things working against him, some he can control, others he can’t.

Dwight+Howard+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Introduce+vI8oZwULHtZl.jpg

1. Dwight Howard, C, LA Lakers

GP: 54 GS: 54 MPG: 38.3

20.6 PPG, .570/0.0/.491, 56.9 TS%

14.5 RPG, 1.9 AST, 2.1 BPG

24.31 PER

Dwight Howard controversy filled season was cut short due to injury, but he was still able to put up great offensive statistics at a very efficient rate. Howard when healthy is still in my eyes the second best player in the NBA, capable of impacting the game on both sides of the court. And despite what others may tell you, Bynum's offensive game which is superior (not in results but in skillset) to Howard's is the only reason why Howard isn't far and away easily the best center in the NBA. Howard's offensive game is what it is, its a very efficient one that allows him to score around 20 points a game, draw double teams and allows for his teammates to get open. Once he catches the ball on the low block, the apposing defense is forced to double team him, because he is too strong for one player to handle (on most nights). He doesn't have an array of move, but you can see improvement in his offensive game from the time he spent work with Kareem. Defensively is where he sets himself apart from everyone else in the pack. Howard is easily the game's most complete, and disruptive defensive player. Being able to cause mayhem on all levels of the court, from the paint all the way out to the perimeter. He's among the league's best in rebounds, rebounding rate, and blocks, and he's the kind of defender that brings his defensive game every game. Defensively you could make the argument that he should of won DPOTY award, and he was, in my opinion the runner up for MVP the year Rose won it, only behind Lebron James.

The crazy thing about Howard is that he's been in the league so long, sometimes we forget that he is only 26 years old, and is in the middle of his prime. Its going to be interesting to see how he recovers from the back injury, and at what pace the Lakers decide to play and rest him, but once he's back, the league's best PnR player will be united with one of the league's best PnR big man. His free throws are still, and will probably always be pretty atrocious, it probably will never improve to an average level. Regardless, he is still the best center in the league, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Good list overall..

Let's do SF or SG next..

Good list overall..

Let's do SF or SG next..

Yea I agree I'm thinking SF next, outside of the top two maybe top 3 all our lists will proba ly be really different. Haha.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Yea I agree I'm thinking SF next, outside of the top two maybe top 3 all our lists will proba ly be really different. Haha.

I think our lists for SF will be similar..We'll see..There are always a couple of surprises..

I agreed with most of em good list. Though im curious to where would have u put Cousins and Monroe had they made the list as centers?

Question for SF, will Iggy make the list as a SF or SG?

I agreed with most of em good list. Though im curious to where would have u put Cousins and Monroe had they made the list as centers?

I list him as a SF,that's his primary position..

• Upvote 1

Iggy will be a SF for me.

I'd rank Monroe at 8 and Cousins at 10 bumping Lopez completely out.

Also I consider Iggy a SF, so that's where I'm ranking him. He's really more of a point forward anyway but yea, he's going under SF.