Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Kenseth to JGR

Sources: Matt Kenseth to JGR

Updated: August 29, 2012, 6:18 PM ET By David Newton | ESPN.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Joe Gibbs Racing plans to announce next Tuesday that Matt Kenseth will be its newest driver beginning in 2013, ESPN.com has learned.

The 2003 Sprint Cup champion will take over the No. 20 team driven by Joey Logano with Home Depot as his primary sponsor, sources said.

JGR president J.D. Gibbs said on Saturday at Bristol Motor Speedway he still held out hope of re-signing Logano and adding a fourth team if sponsorship can be found. Logano is not expected to be a part of Tuesday's press conference.

Via: ESPN

rumors have been around for months, but now it looks confirmed, it'll be weird, but I'm looking forward to seeing Kenseth in the #20 thumbup.gif

Good for him and JGR. Hopefully Penske doesn't hire Joey Logano on the fact that he fucking sucks and is overhyped.

I'm just glad Kenseth is going to have reliable, high profile sponsor he deserves at this point in his career (and that he had a few years ago in Crown Royal) it's almost been painful watching him drive the Zest car this year :rolleyes: I'm also hoping Home Depot starts using him in their commercials like Lowes does with JJ

Edited by oochymp

Home Depot used Tony all the time in commercials. Joey Logano is not marketable and he doesn't produce on the track. Home Depot has been trying to push him out for a while now, they went hard after Carl Edwards and probably get the better driver (but worse promoter) in Kenseth.