Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

RG3 orchestrates game winning drive with no headset

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068647/article/santana-moss-questions-bucs-on-rg3s-headset-outage?module=HP11_headline_stack

The legend of RG3 swelled ever more on Monday with the news that a headset malfunction forced Robert Griffin III to call his own plays late in Sunday's 24-22 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

And while Griffin deserves credit for keeping his cool in a high-pressure situation, Washington Redskins teammate Santana Moss gave off more of a Ollie Stone-vibe regarding the game-winning drive.

Robert Griffin III

"The only thing that might be surprising to you all is that he's young and it happened to him," Moss said, via The Washington Post. "I mean, I've been in plenty of games that when we're away, we can't hear the call, especially on the last part of the game. So I'm almost thinking that that's something that they do in stadiums to say, 'Hey, you know, let's make it little harder for them.' "

In a post "Spygate" world, you'd think this type of stuff can't happen, but we're not going to dismiss Moss' conspiracy theory. The guy is an 12-year veteran. There is wisdom in No. 89.

Moss has to love his new life after years of subpar quarterback play in Washington.

"I'm glad we have a guy that, even though we're dealing with his youth of him not being here, he doesn't play like his age or his coming into the league this young," he said. "He doesn't approach the game that way. He approaches the game like he's been here before."

Defenses can't stop RG3. Neither can faulty technology. The Redskins are the happiest 2-2 team in America.

That's quite impressive for a rookie to orchestrate a game winning drive calling his own plays. Seems players / teams might try to label the Bucs as a dirty organization. Conspiracy?

RGIII has me shakin' in my Cowboy boots. HA HA!

He's good. :yep:

RGIII has me shakin' in my Cowboy boots. HA HA!

He's good. :yep:

What if some of us Cowboy fans...uh...

actually wear cowboy boots? :S

http://www.rccwesternstores.com/Double-H-Men%27s-Western-Boots/2003204,default,pd.html?start=4&q=Double%20H

Oh, who am I kidding. I love the damn things. Back pain at 19 from lifting something wrong and the doc says "get some support under your heel so it forces you to stand up straight." Tried out western boots, never going back!