Sign in to follow this  
Franchise 5

Black Hippy

Wow... this is embarrassing....

I listen to Kendrick, Jay Rock, Ab soul... I didn't know they had a group...

I gotta give them a listen.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I actually heard about Black Hippy before Kendrick, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock's solo stuff. I thought they were just another Main Attrakionz type group from Cali. I like both though, for different reasons.

Lamar's new solo album is pretty good actually.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I'm trying to figure out the Sample at the beginning of this song. It's so damn familiar it's driving me crazy. I wanna say the same sample was used on an old Lupe Fiasco song. That might be wrong, I can hear the beat in my head too this is killing me. I want to say it's like a rare type song too, in that it wasn't released mainstream like, it was a downloadable leaked song for free or something.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I've never heard of any of these guys. Not huge into rap, but I do listen to it. I liked the lyrics, but I wasn't a fan of his voice and his flow felt very flat and stoic if you know what I mean.

I've never heard of any of these guys. Not huge into rap, but I do listen to it. I liked the lyrics, but I wasn't a fan of his voice and his flow felt very flat and stoic if you know what I mean.

Which one? Or are you referring to all of them? I'm personally not a fan of AB Soul.

I actually heard about Black Hippy before Kendrick, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock's solo stuff. I thought they were just another Main Attrakionz type group from Cali. I like both though, for different reasons.

Lamar's new solo album is pretty good actually.

Yea, Lamar and A$AP Rocky are the two best new out IMO. I love the new album that just came out, and he actually raps about things that matter.

Rocky doesn't rap about a lot of meaningful stuff, but you can actually tell he is extremely talented.

Which one? Or are you referring to all of them? I'm personally not a fan of AB Soul.

Yea, Lamar and A$AP Rocky are the two best new out IMO. I love the new album that just came out, and he actually raps about things that matter.

Rocky doesn't rap about a lot of meaningful stuff, but you can actually tell he is extremely talented.

The first guy. I assumed that was Kendrick.

Who downloaded/bought GKMC? I think it's album of the year. My favorite song is Sing About Me, or Poetic Justice.

Who downloaded/bought GKMC? I think it's album of the year. My favorite song is Sing About Me, or Poetic Justice.

I like the first song "Sherane AKA Master Splinter's Daughter" (LOL @ name), or the "The Art of Peer Pressure." Andre 3000 is one of my favorite rappers, ATLiens stayed in my car's tape deck (yes, tape) for an entire year and never left and these two songs are the closest I've heard anyone hit the vibe Andre 3k gave me. This album is already one of the best concept albums in rap, ever IMO. If you realize it's his entire life from 17 (the first song) up to now. His mom and dad on his voicemail throughout the album are hilarious, nagging about bringing her car back, the dad getting drunk and asking where the domino's are. Such a bold album.