Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Jeremy Lin "They don't want to be embarrassed because of me because of my skin color"

This is... kinda dumb, IMO. If anything, his skin color has HELPED him with his fame, notoriety, etc. And I don't think pro players want to get embarrassed by anybody, regardless of race.

Does some non-Asian player in the league get crossed over by Lin and then curse under his breath, "Wow, I just got beat by an Asian".

Nah.

He's kinda right to a certain extent IMO.

I've played basketball with people who rip others for getting crossed by white guys. How much worse would it be getting crossed by an Asian?

But you gotta take the good with the bad, a lot of what makes him marketable by Nike and the Rockets among other companies that he has deals with is the fact that he's Asian.

• Upvote 2

He's kinda right to a certain extent IMO.

I've played basketball with people who rip others for getting crossed by white guys. How much worse would it be getting crossed by an Asian?

But you gotta take the good with the bad, a lot of what makes him marketable by Nike and the Rockets among other companies that he has deals with is the fact that he's Asian.

Pretty much this. He's obviously gotten extra frame and notoriety than your average NBA player because he's Asian. In the same breath, if he just beat Wade 1v1 I could easily see Bosh and James busting on him haha.

Could definitely see where he's coming from. I'm usually the only white person or one of two or three when I'm playing basketball and although my close friends know how good (or decent I should say) I am anytime there's people who have never seen me they'll over-react to something as simple as me dribbling past someone or something as if it wasn't expected.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Well, you're a dwarf.. I'd be pretty shocked as well. lol