Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Is there a climate shift in the AFCN ?

Me and a friend of mine discussed this seeing as he is a Steelers fan who is less than excited with their direction as I am with the Ravens. The Ravens and Steelers have been used to ruling this division but both teams seem to be on a down swing. Both of us want to just say we are reloading....it was half hearted.

The Steelers Problems (correct me if I am wrong steeler fans): They are getting old. Yeah we have heard it every year and they still come out and play well. Well that is starting to dissipate. The defense has not played bad at all, but we are starting to see them actually get slower. However their scheme and skill players can still bring it. We are also seeing a lot of injuries that are going to start causing some serious issues. Not just Polamalu but a lot along the line, players on defense (Sean Spence), and WR's are starting to get hurt more. Now this is definitely a byproduct of being physical but there is more to it than that. It seems that once they get injured reoccurring injuries almost always seem to follow. Couple that with some draft prospects failing to develop is concerns to worry. The question to ask is how much trouble they are in and can the Tomlin regime fix it ?

The Ravens Problems: Coaches. Harbaugh refuses to see the shortcomings of an offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator that are doggy doo. They have talent except for maybe the outside receiver positions and O line. O line has some solid players like Yanda and some good young guys like Osemele, but the blindside hype machine is terrible and Birk is serviceable but average at best. We under utilize our players do to shitty coaches but gets masked because our position coaches are top notch. We are also about to lose Ray Lewis who is the face of our franchise and has been since inception and we are going to lose a shitty team member but hell of a player in the secondary. Both of those impacts will be felt off the field placing more pressure on hits in these next drafts. The question to ask in Baltimore is, will the owner due what is necessary and clean our coaches out or tell Harbaugh it is him or his friends ? And this next draft we will be able to find some guys who can get production at the S and MLB position?

What say you TGP ? Should the Steelers and Ravens be worried ? Are the upstart Bengals going to make any noise ?

Edited by Ngata_Chance

The Steelers Problems (correct me if I am wrong steeler fans): They are getting old. Yeah we have heard it every year and they still come out and play well. Well that is starting to dissipate. The defense has not played bad at all, but we are starting to see them actually get slower. However their scheme and skill players can still bring it. We are also seeing a lot of injuries that are going to start causing some serious issues. Not just Polamalu but a lot along the line, players on defense (Sean Spence), and WR's are starting to get hurt more. Now this is definitely a byproduct of being physical but there is more to it than that. It seems that once they get injured reoccurring injuries almost always seem to follow. Couple that with some draft prospects failing to develop is concerns to worry. The question to ask is how much trouble they are in and can the Tomlin regime fix it ?

Everything you said about our defense is right but our WR's aren't starting to get hurt more. Our only injured receiver is Brown,the rest of them are completely healthy. Their only problem is the lack of decent backup QB to throw them the ball.

From my point of view,our biggest problems are running game,injuries and QB situation.

I think I don't have to explain why QB situation,it's self-explanatory. When Ben's playing,we're legitimate playoff contenders but we're having lots of problems. Like I said before,his backups are shit and they should just leave this league.

Our running game is a laughing stock, we have a bunch of turnover machines. We're not going anywhere with them running the ball.

Bengals could easily win the Wild Card if both teams keep playing like this.