Thanatos

Black former NFL coaches say Rooney rule is broken

Dude, that's bullshit because factually, not all races are born in similar circumstances / scenarios for you to make the broad statement that all races are not equal.

You're absolutely right. When I said that, I didn't mean that all people aren't born equal; they are, in a sense. But cultural and/or socioeconomic circumstances prevent equality on a large scale. That's all I was trying to say. I did not mean to come off as racist, and those of you who know me are aware that I despise racism, so I hope I haven't altered that opinion in anyone's mind.

Anyway, this discussion is straying from the Rooney Rule, and since I'm responsible for partially derailing it I'll attempt to get it back on track...

I think oochymp made a great point about instituting some kind of Rooney Rule for assistant coaches. After all, that's a key stepping stone to becoming a head coach, isn't it? But at the same time, I don't agree with forcing organizations to interview at least one person of a certain race. As I've said many times before, how does it feel to these black coaches who must know deep down (or at the very least, suspect) that they're being interviewed not on merit, but to satisfy a requirement? I think the Rooney Rule is indeed "broken," and I think that sentiment is strengthened by the fact that this story originated from three black coaches.