Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Nets, Bobcats talking Humphries trade

Per Rotoworld.com:

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Broussard that the Nets and Bobcats are discussing a trade centered around Kris Humphries and Ben Gordon.

Humphries has found himself buried on the depth chart, playing behind both Reggie Evans and Andray Blatche. But in Charlotte, he'd immediately step in as the team's best interior player. Remember that last year, Humphries posted 13.8 points and 11.0 rebounds a night while playing 34.9 minutes. Meanwhile, a 29-year-old Gordon clearly isn't in the Bobcats' rebuilding plans. He's getting just 20.7 minutes a night over the last 10 games, but could serve as a much-needed floor-stretcher for the Nets. Feb 8 - 4:39 PM

Source: Chris Broussard on Twitter

This seems like a pretty fair trade in terms of what each team will be getting back in return! I think this trade will be finalized and approved within the next week! :yep:

Wouldn't be a bad trade for the Nets I guess, but if they would just play MarShon Brooks more they wouldn't need to trade for a 6th man/spark off the bench type guy. I know he's not the shooter that Ben Gordon is but he can create his own offense and should definitely be getting more minutes than scrubs like Keith Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse.