Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Multiple teams calling about Revis

If i am the Jets i take the 2014 1st and 2nd this draft really isn't loaded with talent early in the 1st its better to be in the 20's.

Edited by Sacks98

I never said it had anything to do with the offense, but there is no quick fix to the offense as there is no QB available to fix it. Meaning the other parts of the team should be as strong as possible, which means keeping Revis. He's not 30+ either, he's 27.

I've already explained that I simply don't trust the Jets to draft any contributors with the picks they'd get in a deal, and there is no one out there who can/is willing to trade what would be fair value for him.

So get some WRs or a TE to replace Keller or a RB to take over for that bit character of a back Shonn Greene. Sanchez is far from the only problem on a team loaded with them. They aren't one move away from being competitive. I hadn't realized that Revis was only 27, but that's even more reason to trade him. They can actually get some decent value in a trade.

Last year, without Revis, the Jets still had one of the better pass defenses in the game. They still gave up like 50 points per game. Revis bringing that down to 44-46 range isn't worth leaving multiple early round picks on the table because you don't wanna lose a CB, imo.

Also, why would they tie up the kind of money that he's asking for in a secondary guy, even if he is one of the best in the game? They have to rebuild the whole thing, and giving a CB 15 mill per doesn't seem like the way to start out doing that.

• Upvote 1