Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Shad Khan: Jags off to record start in ticket sales

0905_jaguars-shad-kahn-tunnel_400x60012.jpg

2qbdjj6.jpg

I've talked about it a few times about how the Jags had their best ticket sales turn out last season in 7 years. So despite continued barbing by media and jokes by fans, the Jags are selling, and improving each year. Just instead of steadily improving like before Khan, last year they improved exponentially. Now Khan has revealed this may be the best ticket sales year in team history... all coming off the worst record and performance of the team in home games in the franchise's 18 years. That's fucking impressive. New team President (handles all non-football related stuff, i.e. business) Mark Lamping is working wonders over there in Jacksonville.

qsmt5l.jpg

This next excerpt reveals that ex-owner Wayne Weaver and the old Jags' front office failed to take advantage of various opportunities in the Jacksonville market ticket sales wise. Also confirming past reports that they didn't have to buy tickets last year to avoid blackouts like the Miami Dolphins have become notorious for, and like Weaver did at times with the Jags. As well as this great example of what a genius businessman Shad Khan really is: he let people bring in a limited amount of free food and drink... yet sales of food and drink went UP. :rofl: As well as letting small kids in to games for free which as all parents know, kids always whine for food and drinks and likely will be all game. That's a genius move by Lamping and Khan IMO. Plus, obviously, no need for a babysitter.

6rkahi.jpg

This is just confirmation of suspicions that many of us Jags fans had about whether or not Shad Khan picked out Mike Mularkey or if he was Gene's guy and first choice. Weaver kind of tied Khan's hands with the pass off, especially extending Gene Smith with a golden parachute. Unacceptable honestly :shrug: But in a way last season was the perfect season for Shad Khan's first year as an owner. It exposed everything that was wrong with the organization, he could observe it all, be embarrassed about the state it was in, and thus have even more motivation to correct it and take the franchise to new heights.

Bonus: here's another little tidbit about the Eagles' owner on Jags new HC Gus Bradley:

2qjx2dc.jpg

I think we might be able to safely assume that #BecauseJaguars is now officially dead. :yep:

:party:

Here's the whole article if you're interested in more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2013/03/20/what-nfl-owner-shahid-khan-learned-in-his-rookie-season/

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

There are some people who would say “we’re not rebuilding.”

Khan: No. This is rebuilding, rebuilding from the ground up. There’s no illusion about that. This is about as clean and intense a rebuild as you’re going to have. But I think the most important thing, and this is one thing that I’ve learned from last year, that we would be very competitive in the first half. What was the key lesson there? [The opponents] made halftime adjustments far better. We came out and did what we were doing before. They did different stuff. That told me that there was better leadership and coaching out there. [Cleaning house] is disruptive and expensive. I just felt that it was the right thing to do for the fans, for the Jaguars. I was going to have a hard time looking myself in the mirror because I knew what we had to do. There was just no two ways about it.

Man I was calling that all year. Falcons fans warned us when Mularkey got hired that he was terrible at halftime adjustments and my god were they right. Like... the Chicago games, it's 3-3 at halftime... the game ended like 41-3 or something absurd :rofl: That's why I wanted everyone gone. So happy we have Khan now, the guy gets it.

Man I was calling that all year. Falcons fans warned us when Mularkey got hired that he was terrible at halftime adjustments and my god were they right. Like... the Chicago games, it's 3-3 at halftime... the game ended like 41-3 or something absurd :rofl: That's why I wanted everyone gone. So happy we have Khan now, the guy gets it.

Man, no one believed us - AT ALL! At least fans of the Jags are finally seeing the truth. Our claims of Mularky holding the Falcons back weren't farfetched at all. I think it's a good thing whenever a team can increase ticket sales. It's good for every aspect of the sport, right on down to the every day fan. The better the ticket sales, the better the game as a whole.

Of course, I don't think this means they shouldn't consider leaving Jacksonville, but that's just me.