Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

Seattle Shootout, 5 people dead

(CNN) — Five people died late Sunday in a firefight at a Seattle apartment complex, including one man shot by police, authorities said.

When officers arrived, they could still hear gunfire, said police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock. They also saw two men lying wounded in the parking lot.

Police attempted to rescue the injured men, but one of them reached for a gun, and the officers opened fire, killing him. The second wounded man also died, Schrock told CNN affiliate KOMO.

Police then found a third body in the same parking lot as well as two more corpses inside the complex — one man and one woman, who were in separate apartments. All of the dead were killed by gunfire, Schrock said.

No officers were injured.

Police do not know what triggered the shooting, which Schrock said was a gun battle involving the four men who died.

Sounds like it was probably a gang fight. Its a shame one of the people dead was likely just an innocent person.

This happened about an hour south of where I live. There seems to always be some kind of something bad happening in the Federal Way area. And yes, it seems more than likely gang-related.

This happened about an hour south of where I live. There seems to always be some kind of something bad happening in the Federal Way area. And yes, it seems more than likely gang-related.

Where are you at ? The Everett Naval Station ? And yes Federal Way and Tillicum are all shit holes.

Where are you at ? The Everett Naval Station ? And yes Federal Way and Tillicum are all shit holes.

I live in Arlington/Smokey Point.