Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

Chris Polian heads to Jacksonville

Former Colts General Manager Chris Polian is heading to Jacksonville.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that Polian will be a scouting director for the Jaguars and one of the top staff members in the personnel department under General Manager Dave Caldwell.

Colts owner Jim Irsay fired Polian and his dad, former Colts President Bill Polian, at the end of the team’s 2-14 season in 2011. Bill Polian then moved on to ESPN, while Chris Polian moved to Atlanta and spent a season with the Falcons, who also employed Caldwell last year.

Now Polian has followed Caldwell from Atlanta to Jacksonville.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/30/chris-polian-heads-to-jacksonville/

:shrug: The Polians have been drafting terribly for the last 5 years or so. Pretty bad move imo.

The Polians' Colts drafts were terrible. How much of that is Chris vs. Bill, I don't know.

Perhaps we will know the quality of Chris' picks now... :shrug:

Ya, and I am not sure how much power he had.. But that was a pretty underwhelming draft the Falcons had last year. Granted, they didn't have a 1st rounder, but.. Meh.

Well it's a good thing he has nothing to do with college scouting or selecting draft picks isn't it? In typical fashion considering all things Jacksonville PFT doesn't do the research into noting he's on the pro scouting staff. Which obviously means he scouts players already in the NFL.

Ya, problem is I don't know if I want any Polian scouting any level of talent for my franchise. lol.

Not sure what to think about it and many have already expressed concerns on his drafting.

I will say this though, rumors have often been that Chris Polian is VERY hot headed...his temper I have heard can be fierce. :panic:

Not sure what to think about it and many have already expressed concerns on his drafting.

I will say this though, rumors have often been that Chris Polian is VERY hot headed...his temper I have heard can be fierce. :panic:

We've also expressed that he will have nothing to do with drafting or scouting players. He's pro personnel. But it's still Chris Polian... epic meh.