Sign in to follow this  
OakBlack

Pac-12 Football

Coming off a season where eight teams made bowl appearances, along with the rise of Stanford and Oregon into annual top-five status, the arrow on the Pac-12’s future is clearly pointing up.

The Cardinal and Ducks have been jockeying for Pac-12 supremacy over the last few years, and with both teams returning most of their core for 2013, the Ducks and Cardinal are the favorites to win the conference once again. And it wouldn’t be a shock to see either team make an appearance in the national title game. Of course, there are a few question marks for both teams to address, as Oregon transitions from Chip Kelly to Mark Helfrich at head coach, while Stanford must find a way to jump start it’s passing attack.

Outside of Eugene and Palo Alto, hope is running high at Arizona State and UCLA. The Sun Devils won eight games in Todd Graham’s first season in Tempe, while the Bruins have won back-to-back Pac-12 South titles. Arizona is also on the right track behind coach Rich Rodriguez, but a questionable defense and a quarterback battle have the Wildcats likely battling for third or fourth in the South this season. USC is the South Division’s biggest wildcard. The talent is there for Lane Kiffin’s team to make a run at a division title, but quarterback play is a concern.

The Pac-12 will have two new coaches for 2013, as Mike MacIntyre was hired from San Jose State to rebuild Colorado, while Sonny Dykes was picked to replace Jeff Tedford at California. Both hires were two of the best in the nation but success may not be easy in 2013. The Buffaloes have a talent gap to close with the rest of the conference, while the Golden Bears are searching for a No. 1 quarterback.

Now without question, Stanford and Oregon are the favorites to win the Pac-12 title in 2013. However, as we all know, College Football can be crazy sometimes, and anything can happen! Anything!

52m6fb.jpg

Brett Hundley is gonna be the best QB in the Pac-12 imo. De'Anthony Thomas is gonna be the best player in the Pac 12.

And Marqise Lee is overrated. :yep:

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

the ducks are my team! the pack 12 is theres but when you said ASU is going to be a thret that total BS the next team to rise out of the ashes are the UofA wildcats or the utah utes!

I think the Pac-12 is Stanford's to lose. Of course I would say that, but I have my reasons as well. If you consider the conference to be up for grabs between the Cardinals and the Ducks, here's why I think it's advantage Cards:

1. Coaching. Simply put, both teams had stellar coaching last year and Stanford kept Shaw while Kelly left.

2. Defense. If you can play great defense, you can beat anyone. And the Cardinals return studs Trent Murphy, Shayne Skov, Ben Gardner, Henry Anderson, and Ed Reynolds. Looks like they'll continue to dominate the line of scrimmage.

3. Offensive line. They were already good and they're getting better with a vaunted 2012 recruiting class ready to chip in. Stanford's running game has been more a function of their line than anything else in the past.

4. Home Field. The Cardinals beat the Ducks in Eugene in 2012, and now they get to bring them down to The Farm for a rematch.

5. Kevin Hogan. While not Marcus Mariota, Hogan proved to be an upgrade last season and should be better with the experience under his belt.

Brett Hundley is gonna be the best QB in the Pac-12 imo. De'Anthony Thomas is gonna be the best player in the Pac 12.

And Marqise Lee is overrated. :yep:

:nonono:

Lee is going to be a Heisman Finalist this year if they get solid QB play.