Anibal Sanchez

Chris Sale

Derek Holland

David Price

Matt Moore

Hisashi Iwakuma

Agree/disagree? I can take it.

• Upvote 1

I'd take out Iwakuma and Sanchez and replace them with Sabathia and Weaver.

• Upvote 1

Forgot about Weaver. :shifty: and CC I think his time as a top pitcher is over. Top 15 for sure.

I don't think so. C.C. probably still has 2-3 pretty good years left in him. He's been an amazing workhorse in his career and you know he's gonna be durable and above average to great all the time. Sanchez still has to keep this up for a while before I call him a top pitcher, same for Iwakuma.

Good list though.

Thanks.

CC is fucking dog shit now compared to Iwakuma. And that's coming from someone that absolutely loathes Jap pitchers lol.

lolno.jpg

lolno.jpg

Iwakuma has been far and away the better pitcher this year...

Iwakuma has a 2.60 ERA, 0.88 WHIP, 18 walks, and 3.8 WAR.

CC has a 4.06 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 26 walks, and a 1.5 WAR.

CC's better, though! :yao:

I think we should wait and see Iwakuma perform over a whole season before we put him ahead of a pitcher that has consistently been one of the top 5 in baseball for years now. I don't think it's that ridiculous. People are so fucking quick to abandon older players who are still great just because someone outperforms them for a little while. That doesn't just go for baseball... that goes for every sport.

I think we should wait and see Iwakuma perform over a whole season before we put him ahead of a pitcher that has consistently been one of the top 5 in baseball for years now. I don't think it's that ridiculous. People are so fucking quick to abandon older players who are still great just because someone outperforms them for a little while. That doesn't just go for baseball... that goes for every sport.

I think Bay intended this list to be for this season. :shrug:

That's fine, but when I evaluate players, I also consider what they are likely to do in the future. C.C. is having a down year, but I'd still bank on him to eventually pitch better than Iwakuma again. Shouldn't really be that shocking if he does. lol

It was probably geared toward's this season but then David Price probably shouldn't be here. >_> Even though he belongs on an overall list.

That's fine, but when I evaluate players, I also consider what they are likely to do in the future. C.C. is having a down year, but I'd still bank on him to eventually pitch better than Iwakuma again. Shouldn't really be that shocking if he does. lol

Not sure about that. Sabathia is at the tail end of his career. Yankees fans have really been souring on him the past couple of years. And Iwakuma really is a good pitcher... underrated as fuck. Surprised you're not hyped on him considering that you slobber all over his fellow countryman in Yu lol.