Sign in to follow this  
MCFLYYY

Giants Season Preview

Doing these for all 32 teams. Giants are the first from the NFC East.

http://cappers.forumotion.com/t244-nyg-preview

Feedback and critique welcome.

Pretty fair evaluation. Only have a few discrepencies.

1. I disagree, strongly, with you saying Nicks even when healthy isnt a "dynamic" WR. When healthy, I think he is more then dynamic, hes near elite. Hes not Calvin Johnson or anything, but is definitely a true number 1 WR.

2. Nicks missing part of OTAs is almost certainly not contract related, nor is he contemplating a hold out. He is coming off an injury riddled season, even in the games he played he was obviously injured. He posted career lows in catches, yards, and TDs...he has no ground to stand on. Personally, if he was going to hold out after a down year like last year, I would welcome it, because that means he would cost much less to re-sign now then next year if he has another year like the 2011 season and Superbowl run.

3. Its a virtual lock that David Wilson will be the starting RB week one. His work load increased as the season progressed this year, and while I am a big fan of Andre Brown, he is locked in as the short yardage/goal line back, and will likely handle all of the 3rd down duties because Wilson only knock is his Pass pro.

4. I wouldnt bank on having an easy transition from Bradshaw due to Hynoski, considering hes injured and all signs are pointing to opening up camp with him on the PUP, opening day is questionable at best.

5. The OL. Its hard to argue with you on this because of all the stats and rankings you listed. But I am completely blown away that they ranked that highly in Run Blocking, and that low in Pass Blocking. I actually would have thought that this would be completely opposite. I am not high on the OL at all, aside from Beatty and Snee. Boothe is good but he is likely going to be gone next year since we only re-signed him for 1 year, and Snee could very possibly retire even though he still plays at a high level. Pugh is an unknown, and I think Baas was arguably Jerry Reese's worst signing as GM, he gave him a TON of money.

6. Ill be the first to admit I was/am a huge Kenny Phillips supporter. However I dont believe there will be a sting, or even a pinch, losing him. He was never healthy consistently, and Stevie Brown stepped in for him last year and nearly led the league in INTs with less games played then everyone else atop that list.

7. I have no quams with your DL or Special Teams, evaluation

Overall, nice job. +1