Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Bird signs tender

Per Buffalo Bills Facebook.

Thank goodness. I wonder if we agreed to not franchise him after this year.

Per Buffalo Bills Facebook.

Thank goodness. I wonder if we agreed to not franchise him after this year.

I believe I saw a tweet from Albert Breer last night that stated there is no clause so he could be tagged again next year.

Thats surprising. I guess we flat out won this holdout. Hopefully we can get a reasonable long-term deal done.

Jairus Byrd believed to be open to Buffalo Bills trade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232635/article/jairus-byrd-believed-to-be-open-to-buffalo-bills-trade

Jairus Byrd's decision to sign his franchise tender got him in training camp. Putting pen to paper didn't alleviate all issues, however.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that "ill will remains" between Byrd and the Buffalo Bills. The two-time Pro Bowl free safety isn't demanding a trade but is believed to be open to one, according to a person informed of Byrd's thinking.

The expectation is that it will take several weeks for Byrd to get in playing shape. He'll be "extra careful," according to Rapoport. Teammates did send Byrd plays and notes during his holdout.

Byrd reportedly is looking for a deal that would make him the highest-paid safety in football. The Bills would like to keep him in Buffalo, but they believe his value falls somewhere in the top five salaries at the position.

The deadline for working out a long-term contract with a player under the franchise tag passed on July 15, so Byrd won't financially be appeased between now and the end of the season. The lingering bad blood is a subplot to track out of Orchard Park.

:devious:

What he brings to the defense is not worth the money he's asking for.

Of course we'll probably just franchise him again if we don't get a deal done.

Jairus Byrd reportedly wants Buffalo Bills to trade him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238562/article/jairus-byrd-reportedly-wants-buffalo-bills-to-trade-him

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd will miss the start of the season because of a lingering plantar fasciitis injury. It appears Byrd is bothered by more than his foot.

Coming off a lengthy contract standoff with the team, Byrd is playing under the $6.9 million franchise tender, but Mark Gaughan of The Buffalo News reports the ball-hawking defensive back wants out of town.

0ap1000000217012.jpg

Two league sources told the newspaper this week that Byrd and his agent are attempting to swing a trade prior to the league's Oct. 29 trade deadline.

Rapoport noted Aug. 21 that "ill will remains" between Byrd and the Bills. The two-time Pro Bowl player wasn't demanding a trade at the time -- but was believed to be open to one -- a source informed of Byrd's thinking told Rapoport.

That won't be easy. Interested parties will be asked to hand draft picks to Buffalo and an expensive new contract to Byrd. You don't see teams standing in line for a high-priced safety with a foot injury.

Byrd played through the pain of plantar fasciitis last season, according to Rapoport. Back then, the defender held out hope for a new contract, a deal that would keep him in town for years to come. TheBills have shown no interest in making long-term promises, and it comes as little surprise to hear that Byrd wants out.

Edited by dutchff7

I'd want to get out of Buffalo too.