Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Thanatos' Upset Pick of the Week: Browns over Bengals

Guest Phailadelphia

I disagree with you only because I don't believe in Hoyer.

Believe in Hoyer and the Patriot blood that courses through his veins

Looks like my guys tried last week's strategy and lost this time.

*** Try to give away the game and they will give it back to us. ***

Thanks, Gruden. You give offensive coordinator a whole new meaning. With the talent you have on your side of the ball you couldn't muster up one goddamn touchdown??????

Zim did his best with what he had in a depleted secondary. It was a fine effort. "23" points is usually enough to keep the game within reach - for teams who have an OC who knows what he's doing.

Idk where Phil has been, he always has some entertaining threads during the season.

So maybe this will spark him out of whatever dark corner he is hiding in.

In any case:

:Bengals: 17

:Browns: 20

Why this will happen:

1. The Cincinnati Bengals are very thin in the secondary. Leon Hall, Dre Kirkpatrick and Reggie Nelson are all doubtful because of their hamstring injuries. Even if they play, they are still not going to be at 100%.

2. The Browns run defense did a good job bottling up Adrian Peterson last week, they shouldn't have much trouble stopping Giovanni Bernard.

3. Joe Haden is one of the best in the business. He can shut down AJ Green.

4. Without a run-game, and with Green being shadowed by Haden, Andy Dalton will need to make consistent, precise throws to his other targets- Mohamed Sanu and Jermaine Gresham. Dalton has a winning record as a starting QB, but he has yet to take his game to the next level.

5. Brian Hoyer is a better quarterback than Brandon Weeden. Yeah, that's not saying much. Moving on.

6. The emergence of Jordan Cameron. Cameron has become a true threat from the TE position, something the Browns sorely needed.

7. The return of Josh Gordon. Gordon torched the Vikings for 168 yards and a TD last week. With the Bengals being a bit thin in the secondary, he should be able to get open here as well.

8. It's in Cleveland. The Browns play a lot of division foes tough in their own stadium, even if it is a factory of sadness.

Come at me, broskis!

Hoyer the destroyer.