Sign in to follow this  
Vin

2014 Quarterback Passing Chart

Meant to post this the other day when I saw it, but I forgot about it.

Better late than never. Tons of stuff in the link, as well as in the google doc.

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2014/03/2014-quarterback-passing-chart-spectacular/

Endless hours of charting passes and accumulating statistics have culminated in a barrage of information regarding this year’s class of quarterbacks. I will take you through the findings, statistic by statistic, while ranking the quarterbacks effectiveness in specific categories.

The specifics of this passing chart project can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15IKcAkid4HkQl2o2qmrf7JK5PMcsunnl9V7B19nXgyU/edit?usp=sharing

That’s where you can find 214 individual passing game charts and 24 cumulative season passing charts on 18 prospects. The games which were charted and totaled for each prospect are listed there. You can also find a table of the total statistics and how the quarterbacks compare statistitically. I will take you through the specifics of that totals table right here.

To come up with a holistic ranking based on the statistics, I averaged out how each quarterback ranked in 15 individual categories. Those categories including adjusted completion percentage and yards per attempt in the areas of total, beyond the line of scrimmage total, 0-9 yards downfield, 10-19 yards downfield, 20+ yards downfield, outside the hashes, and inside the hashes. Touchdown percentage, interception percentage, and touchdown/interception ratio are the final three.

In ranking how each quarterback landing in those 15 categories, I used a percentage instead of a 1-18 ranking. For example, if the highest yards per attempt in one category as 10.0 and the lowest was 6.0, a quarterback who scored at 7.0 would be credited with 25% and a quarterback who scored at 9.0 would be credited with 75% regardless of where either landed in a 1-18 ranking.

• Upvote 1

The Houston Chronicle reports Teddy Bridgewater was "less accurate than expected" during Monday's Louisville Pro Day, as "several" of his passes were "clearly off target" and his ball "often fluttered."

The workout was held indoors. Bridgewater (6'2/208) also weighed in six pounds lighter than his Combine measurement and proceeded to make numerous underthrows and overthrows. Per the Chronicle, "more than ten" of Bridgewater's 65 Pro Day throws were "either misses or drops." Conceded Bridgewater afterwards, "it was nowhere near where I wanted it to be." Added NFL Network's Kurt Warner, "I think he missed a few more throws than you expect at a Pro Day." Bridgewater ran a 4.78 forty-yard dash. He threw without gloves after donning them throughout his high school and college careers. Bridgewater's draft stock has seemingly been falling since the end of the college season.

I was looking at Bortles 3rd down completion % the other day and its a significant drop off from his 1st and 2nd down passing. I'm not that impressed with him and no way should he go before Bridgewater.

I was looking at Bortles 3rd down completion % the other day and its a significant drop off from his 1st and 2nd down passing. I'm not that impressed with him and no way should he go before Bridgewater.

Naw man but Schweddy Bustwater short arms throws. They wobble when he throws it, and OMG have you seen his weight? I don't care about his clutch throws on 3rd down, or how he can already operate a pro style system from the LOS, Blake Bortles' girlfriend is WAY hotter! I bet Bustwater doesn't even have a GF! He probably loves the D and I don't mean defense! Did you see his Pro Day? He's not insanely accurate in underwear I don't care about his superior accuracy in actual games, anyone can do that in stupid games — they can't do that in underwear drills. Underwear drills are much harder, because you're throwing against air and it's not as easy as throwing against a defense trying to rip your head off. Bustwater is terrible.

• Upvote 1