Sign in to follow this  
Seahawksfan44

When will Tom Brady be done?

And again... That defense that only appeared for the first 4 games bailed Brady, who looked overwhelmed against a sad Indy defense, out. As did the running game, of course.

The Pats defense didn't do anything special. They gave up nearly 400 yards in offense to the Colts. Or are you referring to the 4 picks Luck threw to them? Can't gauge how good a defense is just on turnovers. Pats led the league in forcing turnovers in 2011, and that was the biggest abomination of a defense that I've ever seen.

And the weather (heavy rain and wind) and the 14-0 early start played right into the Pats' hand and dictated the way they wanted to play the game. Not sure how Brady was overwhelmed by the Colts defense when all he had to do was hand off to Blount in a monsoon. :shrug:

Are you sure you watched the game, JD?

There were just a lot of games this year (A lot relative to what we are used to) where he looked out of his element. He was nowhere near as consistent as he usually is. Some of which can obviously be attributed to a variety of other factors, but not all.

Just didn't look like the same guy for half the season or more. If it was just one or two games -- no big deal. Of course everybody is going to have their down games. But it was almost every other week, and it seems like he was getting picked off every week. Lol.

He didn't look like the same guy because he lost most of his targets from the previous year. And his new targets were not helping him out much. And FTR,he threw 11 picks, which is nothing out of the norm for him. He threw 12 or more INTs 2001 through 2006, 2009, and 2011.

It wasn't just that game though. I am sure no matter what I bring up, you will come up with new and different excuses for each one.. The Jets both times, the bills both times, the dolphins, the bengals... He just wasn't at the highest level of QB playSo we will just agree to disagree.

For what it's worth, i think he plays slightly better this year. Or, at least I would assume he does. Doing much worse would be at a serious detriment to the Pats chances.

if the Patriots continue their shift to a run-centered team, there's no reason to think he can't play into his 40s

He'll retire after the 2018 season, so five more years.