Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

The Business of Winning: My Novel

As some of you guys know, I wrote a novel last summer, titled The Business of Winning and after countless rounds of editing, I'm ready to spread it around and get some various reader perspectives. If you think you'd consider reading it, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it in Word document form.

Yes, it is a football book! Though it centers on college, not pro, I think a lot of you would enjoy reading it. Here's one of those hyperdramatic synyopsis I wrote for it:

With an annual profit of $5.3 billion, the NCAA is the third most profitable sports organization in the United States, trailing only the National Football League and Major League Baseball. Unlike other organizations, NCAA athletes do not receive any of this money—officially.

Where there’s money, there’s power, and where there’s power, there are strong forces in place to make sure that power is not lost. Kelly Greer is new to the college ranks, and in a culture where violating rules is the only way to defeat your opponents, Kelly is committed to doing it the right way. While he coaches a program far from the top 25, he seeks a victory away from the football field.

Kelly teams up with an ambitious young journalist to target a powerhouse program coached by Truman Moore, a person of Kelly’s past for whom the investigation renews fierce competition that dates back decades.

Part sports drama, part investigative thriller, The Business of Winning will change the way you watch a college football game forever.

• Upvote 1