Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Tagliabue Rips Goodell

And yet, in a new profile of embattled commissioner Roger Goodell's reign, GQ finds several folks willing to do just that – including the man who once wielded the shield, Goodell's predecessor Paul Tagliabue.

The former commish takes Goodell to task for his myopic focus on the league's financial well being, especially in a year when its image has been tarnished by myriad off-field issues and its tone-deaf response to them. And when taken within the larger context of the NFL's ongoing – and , some would say, hypocritical – dealings with player safety, traumatic brain injuries and the health of former pros, Tagliabue can understand why Goodell's attention to the bottom line (above all else) is problematic, both within the league offices and the world at-large.

"If they see you making decisions only in economic terms, they start to understand that and question what you're all about," he said. "There's a huge intangible value in peace. There's a huge intangible value in allies."

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/roger-goodell-ripped-by-former-nfl-commissioner-paul-tagliabue-20150126

• Upvote 1

I said it when the CBA details came out. I'm still as convinced as ever.

When this CBA expires, the players are going to the mattresses on the next agreement. This CBA has been abject disaster from the players' perspective. And the bad blood created via the heavy handed application of the conduct policy has only fueled that further.

I would not be shocked at all if in 2021, there is no football season at all.

• Upvote 1