BwareDWare94

Big Match-ups in Week 2

Tonight:

:Broncos: @ :Chiefs:

Why We'll be Watching:

Travis Kelce--the young tight end continues to shine as a dominant force when healthy. He takes all kinds of pressure off of Alex Smith and Kansas City's running game and makes the Chiefs a much more dynamic offense.

Denver's Defense--what a star studded, well-coached grouping. Holding Baltimore to 13 points is impressive, even if Joe Flacco likes to all but disappear in first halves a lot of the time. Denver has a nice secondary and great group of pass rushers. If they stay relatively healthy, it's going to be hard to score on them, period.

Jamaal Charles--elite running backs are so rare that we can't help but watch when one is one the field.

Prediction:

:Chiefs: 24 :Broncos: 10

Denver's defense will keep them in the game but Peyton's continued struggles will showcase how far he's declined.

Sunday:

:Patriots: @ :Bills:

Why We'll be Watching:

Who doesn't like to see Rex Ryan take on Tom Brady? 9 times out of 10 it's a great game, and in many of those instances Rex elevated a lesser team to compete with the Patriots.

Gronk--the things he can do to any defense are devastating. Will Rex find a way to keep him in check?

Tyrod Taylor--Is this kid the real deal or are the Bills bragging up fool's gold?

Prediction:

:Bills: 30 :Patriots: 23

This game smells like an early season upset, only to lead to a less competitive win for the Patriots when these two teams hook up again.

:Chargers: @ :Bengals:

Why We'll be Watching:

Keenan Allen--15 grabs in a single game is incredible, and we need to see what he can do against a better defense, though I find Cincy's secondary a little more succeptible than Detroit's.

Tyler Eifert--Is this the next dominant TE in the NFL? I think so, and you should, too. This is the only piece Andy Dalton has been missing so far and maybe this is what it takes to make the Ginger Laser more effective in big games.

Has Geno Atkins returned to form?--only more games will tell.

Prediction:

:Bengals: 23 :Chargers: 20

I'm seeing a highly contested, potential OT game.

:Titans: @ :Browns:

Why We'll be Watching:

Wait, who's actually going to watch this game?

:troll:

:49ers: @ :Steelers:

Why We'll be Watching:

Carlos Hyde--is week 1 a mirage or will this little bulldozer continue to roll?

Can Big Ben snag Pittsburgh one win before Bell's return?--after a week 1 failure, he certainly needs to or the Steelers will be in trouble.

How does SF's defense look against a QB who isn't scared?--I'm excited to find out. Also, seeing Navarro Bowman back in the game is wonderful.

Prediction:

:49ers: 33 :Steelers: 30

I really liked what I saw out of SF in week 1, with the exception of Kaepernick the passer. I thought they'd be terrible but I was wrong. I expect them to compete in the NFC West if they stay healthy.

:Cowboys: @ :Eagles:

Why We'll be Watching:

Chip Kelly draws eyes--there's no other way to say it. Sam Bradford shouldn't have the accuracy issues Nick Foles had, so I'm excited to see if this offense can click on all cylinders for longer stretches of time.

Romo sans Bryant--lots of people credit Tony Romo's weapons for his success and forget that he's made careers for guys in the past--Patrick Crayton was allowed to develop from practice squad caliber player into a quality NFL starter thanks to Romo. Laurent Robinson would possibly still be in the league had he not jettisoned to Jacksonville for a bigger contract, only to be lead into the vicious hits that ended his career. Cole Beasley would have disappeared with lesser QBs. Let's see what Tony can do without Dez.

Who's defense shows up?--that's always the question with Cowboys/Eagles.

Prediction:

:Cowboys: 34 :Eagles: 24

I think Dallas has better team, and it'll show in week 2.

:Seahawks: @ :Packers:

Why We'll be Watching:

Lots of people want to see Seattle at 0-2--it'll likely happen, too.

Sherman/Rodgers--Sherman snagged one from Aaron when he was challenged in the NFCCG last year. Let's see what happens when they tangle again.

Lynch/Lacey--what's more fun to watch than two hard-nosed backs leveling defenders over and over again?

Prediction:

:Seahawks: 27 :Packers: 24

Seems like the kind of game Russell Wilson will pull out of his ass IF he's as good as some people think he is. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt once.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Jets/Colts is gonna be a good'n, I think. Can't remember the last time I've said that about MNF, or a Jets game...

Jets/Colts is gonna be a good'n, I think. Can't remember the last time I've said that about MNF, or a Jets game...

I sure hope so. I'd love to see the Jets back in the mix. Gotta get Geno back, though