Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Mario Williams: " Defensive Scheme Needs Tweaked "

"The biggest difference I see, you look at the last few years and obviously our numbers, to speak of the guys in our room, the D-line, we're going," Williams told NFL.com late Sunday after the game. "We're playing the run, we're playing the pass. When you look at the numbers from last year and compare them to this year, we're dropping a lot."

Asked whether he'd approach Ryan with his concerns, Williams said that neither he nor his linemates would make demands of the coaches.

It's just clear to them changes are needed.

"At the end of the day, the defensive scheme, we either gotta tweak it or figure out what can we do now to change what we do to accommodate it," he said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000560221/article/mario-williams-sounds-off-on-bills-defensive-scheme

Lot of talking going on in Buffalo these last few weeks.

Assimilating the personality of their head coach maybe? I don't agree with speaking to the media as these things need to be expressed to coaches, but I do agree with what he said. Having a talented D-line drop back into coverage is pretty pointless and not taking advantage of their skill set. They stuff the run and rush the passer. They aren't known for their covering skills. Let them do what they do best.

Ya, my favorite part of this story was that he was asked if he would talk to the coaches, and he flat out said that he wouldn't. If you aren't going to talk to the coaches about... coaching things, why blab it around to the media? lol

Apparently, if you are disgruntled with the coaching scheme, talking to the media about it is a good solution :laugh:

I don't think he went about this in the right way but he has a point.

You have an elite front 7...yet...they sit back more often than not and it's not like you can't trust their secondary with gilmore and darby back there.

Attack. Attack. Attack. That's what a team like Buffalo needs to do because of inconsistencies on offense for now without Tyrod and with a meh Shady.