4-3 Defensive Tackle

Clemson

Senior

Age 23

6'4"

312 pounds

5.06 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Very aware throughout the play, constantly adjusting to get involved. Good at fighting through double teams when he's going downhill. Uses legs to drive through blocks well. Has the ability to anchor in the run game.

Negatives

At times lacks ability to hand fight. Will get locked up under the pads and go stationary. Doesn't play with a great motor.

Overview

Very aware pass-rusher who does a good job of driving down the field, but can struggle when he gets his numbers jammed. Has the natural size to anchor in the run game.

Grade

5.5 - Consistent NFL starter

Projection

I have him as a day two player at the moment, but he's likely going to fall into the fourth round. He's not as polished as you'd like in terms of technique, but all the tools are there. He could be a solid starter at the next level if he lands in the right situation.

jWOWNGpv.jpg

The Basics

Jarrod Clements

4-3 Defensive Tackle

Illinois

Senior

Age 22

6'3"

304 pounds

5.12 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Great burst up the middle, can pinball off of blockers well and create space to get through. Does a good job of getting his hands up and making the quarterback adjust the throwing motion. Active hands, constantly pushing to get linemen turned at the hips. Does a good of tracking the ball carrier through traffic.

Negatives

Not the greatest anchor in the run game. doesn't slide laterally well. Very short strides, tends to waddle at times when trying to turn around.

Overview

Straight-line pass rusher who does his best work just getting after the quarterback. Has the ability to do damage in the run game, but primarily by getting penetration and finding the ball-carrier through traffic. Very limited as an anchor, doesn't have the range or the lateral footwork to take up space in the run game.

Grade

6.1 - Potential Pro Bowler

Projection

I have him currently as a second round pick, and he's likely going to end up on my board in the earlier portion of day two. He's not the total package, but he's very good at what he does, and interior guys who generate that much pressure are rather rare.

4_884395.jpg

The Basics

Adam Butler

4-3 Defensive Tackle

Vanderbilt

Senior

Age 22

6'4"

300 pounds

5.16 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Does a good job of getting hands up in pass game. Very solid anchor, does a good job of taking space in the run game. Good overall combination of power and speed. Has the power to drive through blockers, and put them on their back.

Negatives

Doesn't have the speed to chase in the backfield. Typically too wide and stiff to fight his way through contact and create disruption in the backfield by turning away from the numbers.

Overview

Built like a traditional 4-3 defensive tackle. Great frame for the position, even though he is more of an anchor than a penetrator. Utilizes his power well, and understands leverage in both the run and pass game. Very good overall package, even though doesn't have many wow plays.

Grade

5.6 - Consistent NFL starter

Projection

I have him as a mid-to-late day two guy, but he could end up anywhere from round two to round five in the real draft. The demand for a pass-rushing DT is incredibly high right now, but he is one of the most balanced defensive linemen in this class. Likely round three.

hi-res-a87a787b3ca2d931fa0118f66d2bfb13_

The Basics

Matt Godin

4-3 Defensive Tackle

Michigan

Senior

Age 23

6'5"

288 pounds

5.12 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Very good power as a pass-rusher when he's sent in a line, generates from bottom up. Utilizes leverage well.

Negatives

Struggles to break away due to poor hand technique. Doesn't have lateral footwork to slide as an anchor. Doesn't plug gaps well, easy to push around when he isn't on the move.

Overview

Limited overall package with average athleticism and an inability to do damage in the run game. Not a great anchor, and will get bullied at times by more physically gifted players. Inconsistent technique.

Grade

2.9 - Potential Depth Player

Projection

I have him as going undrafted, and that's most likely what's going to happen. He's an incredibly limited overall package, and that's going to do a lot of damage to his stock at the next level.

14_4616787.jpg

The Basics

Jaleel Johnson

4-3 Defensive Tackle

Iowa

Senior

Age 22

6'3"

309 pounds

5.15 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Utilizes leverage well, gets up under the pads and digs in his heels in the run game. Good at wrapping up when he has the opportunity to catch ball carriers.

Negatives

Limited speed. Struggles to slide laterally in the run game. Seems to have a limited motor. Choppy hand technique, struggles to turn guys around or break out of contact.

Overview

Technically inconsistent player who lacks any freak athletic attributes. Does a good job of sticking up in the run game with great leverage, but has serious issues with hand usage. Limited overall talent with low motor.

Grade

3.3 - Potential backup

Projection

I have him going undrafted, but the buzz around him will likely result in him being selected in day three. I just don't see the talent there overall.

Edited by Chernobyl426

636096563004724398-IMG-DFP-0906-glasgow-

The Basics

Ryan Glasgow

4-3 Defensive Tackle

Michigan

Senior

Age 23

6'3"

299 pounds

5.03 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Good at getting off of blocks, and using his hand fighting to do damage. Great motor, constantly driving to get into the backfield. Great lateral movement, can slide to close holes incredibly quickly. Fast enough to be pulled around on stunts. Good footwork in general.

Negatives

Limited as an anchor due to underwhelming strength.

Overview

Solid overall package. Not a particularly strong guy, but utilizes leverage well and does a good job of constantly fighting for a better position. Great footwork overall, and has a lot of ways in which he can be used. Could play all over the defensive line.

Grade

6.2 - Potential Pro Bowler

Projection

I have him firmly locked into the second round at the moment, and I struggle to see him make it out of day two. He could sneak all the way up into the early picks of day two, in that #35-45 range. Not a phenomenal athlete, but good at almost everything.

636141040917468996-USATSI-9656729.jpg

The Basics

Carlos Henderson

Wide Receiver

Louisiana Tech

Junior

Age 21

5'11"

191 pounds

4.52 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Able to pinball off of contact very easily. Good hands. Has the ability to separate with crisp route-running. Very bulky frame for a smaller guy. Good boundary awareness and footwork.

Negatives

Doesn't have the athleticism to elevate and make plays in the air. Limited deep speed due to short strides. Questions about where to play him at the next level, doesn't have the size or overall athletic ability to be a definite #1 target.

Overview

Undersized but muscular secondary option. Lacks the burner speed, but has good footwork and hands. Very good concentration throughout plays, and does a good job of coordinating his upper body and lower body together. Could be a solid #2 or #3 target, especially if he gets a quarterback who knows where to place passes for him.

Grade

4.3 - Potential starter, Consistent backup

Projection

I currently have him as a fifth rounder, but he is likely to slide further down the board as the prospects continue to pile up. He's a very stocky and limited receiver who doesn't have a large catch radius. He can be dangerous once he gets the ball, but he's not a breakaway threat and will typically just bounce off a defensive back and go down.

vanderdoes-getty.jpg

The Basics

Eddie Vanderdoes

4-3 Defensive Tackle

UCLA

Junior

Age 22

6'3"

320 pounds

5.17 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Great at jumping through the gap to get interior penetration in the run game. Good usage of hands. Constantly draws double-teams. Very good at pin-balling off of contact when blockers don't dig in and get underneath his pads. Good at searching out who has the ball.

Negatives

Lacks lateral movement when he can't get penetration on run plays. Upper body and lower body don't coordinate properly, rarely drives through blocks to generate pressure. Seems sluggish when he isn't moving downhill. Tends to waddles at times. Lackluster as a pass-rusher.

Overview

Sluggish 4-3 defensive tackle who is only useful as a gap-filler and occasionally an anchor. Best used as a run-stuffing inside guy. Limited pressure in the pass game will result in him falling down a lot of team boards, especially with how sluggish he is in space.

Grade

3.8 - Potential Backup

Projection

I have him listed as a sixth rounder at the moment, but he could very well fall all the way to undrafted territory as the board continues to fill up. He's very limited as a total package at the next level, and lacks any truly defining qualities that would make him a great late round selection. He's a roster spot, but not anything worth investing in long-term.

I'm going to start doing a weekly bit to cover buzz that I've heard, some of the takeaways I've had from film, and some of the other stuff I've found interest in related to the draft.

Without further adieu, I present the FIRST Cherry weekly draft bit.

Week in Review

While I'm slightly behind on my scouting reports as I write this, I am excited to note that I finished linebackers, both inside and outside linebackers. This class is far from stacked at the position, but based upon initial reviews, I'm very excited with the middle of the pack group we are seeing. There is serious depth at ILB in day two and day three that isn't always that common. I count at least 6 or 7 guys that will go in the second or third day that could transform into solid starters at the next level at ILB. A lot of great coverage guys in that mix as well.

I loved the tape on Haason Reddick out of Temple. He came to Temple as a cornerback, ended up playing some at 3-4 OLB, and then showed the ability to play as an ILB at the senior bowl and throughout the practices, along with being utilized in a variety of ways during his time at Temple. Reddick is a much lesser athlete than Myles Jack was coming out last year, but I think that could very well fit a similar role. Reddick lacks the top end speed that Jack had that allowed him to hold up every time coverage, but he is no slouch and can run with almost any receiver coming out of college. His technical abilities that he gained during his background as a cornerback are a huge piece of that, and it's obvious he understands how to deal with his assignments in a way most linebackers don't. Think of Eric Kendricks with a better physical profile and better technical refinement.

Steven Taylor out of Houston turned up as my second 3-4 ILB that I really enjoyed. While I typically put guys as 3-4 ILBs if they are better suited for coverage, Taylor really had a knack for doing everything well. He's smart enough to navigate through traffic, and while he's bulkier than Reddick he has the motor to pursue in space. He's not a great coverage linebacker, but he holds his own, especially when asked to play in zone. His tackling is one of the best pieces of his game, and he drives through when taking on the ball-carrier. He has the power of a run-stuffing old school hitter, but the overall game of a new age player. Very intriguing as a potential late first round selection, but will likely end up as a second rounder.

Last up in my list of guys I loved at the inside linebacker position is Tanner Vallejo out of Boise State. While I continue to misspell his name and type it with only one L, I'm incredibly satisfied with what I saw out of Vallejo on first look. He's not nearly as good a tackler as Taylor, but he has the mobility and range to cover like Reddick does. He's not as technically refined in coverage as Reddick, and relies a lot more on just have good feet and being able to track in man, but I like what he brings to the table.

The Garoppolo Debate

It was told to me that Mary Kay Cabot, writer for cleveland.com, advocated the Browns take a QB #1 overall and trade for Garoppolo with the #12 pick in the draft. While this is obviously outrageous, it showcases the desperation for an answer in Cleveland. While there have certainly been other teams reported interested in Garoppolo, the discussion has largely centered around the Browns. While it's also been reported that Garoppolo is expected to remain with the Patriots, it brings up an interesting question.

What is the value of a quarterback who plays decent under a limited sample size? While there is certainly an argument that it's never been successful throughout recent history, the idea of a definitive answer at quarterback that's been tested by the league already is intriguing. Matt Flynn, Brock Osweiler, and whatever other overpaid quarterback you'd like to pull up may serve as a testament, but if you're a team that liked what you saw from Garoppolo, why would it make sense to bet on an unknown from college over a known commodity?

I think the entire debate stems from the lack of trust in the drafting process that the general public has. People naturally don't trust someone who has never played an NFL snap. At one point, I've even had someone tell me that drafting a QB is always a poor decision because they have "never faced NFL competition". The problem with this line of thinking is that it completely throws out the potential of new players at a low price. While a player like Mitch Trubisky or DeShone Kizer certainly doesn't have the guaranteed starting ability that Jimmy Garoppolo has, they aren't going to command $17-20 million for a contract due to the rookie wage scale.

As much of a fan as I am of looking at production over potential, the unfairness with which many rookies are treated in simply unwarranted. While there are obviously players who come in as hyped up prospects that never pan out, there are just as many success stories of guys who stepped in day one and did a good job. Dak Prescott is a very good example of a rookie jumping into the league and doing well immediately. It's possible, and it shouldn't be written off because of the rookie status.

A Weak Quarterback Class?

The idea that this is a weak quarterback class has been floated around a lot recently. While it's obviously difficult to tell into years down the line, and that will largely depend on the situations these prospects are put into, I would wholeheartedly disagree with that opinion.

The class isn't thoroughly stacked by any means, but at the top there is a very good selection of quarterbacks. Starting off with my favorite quarterback prospect in the three years I've done evaluations, DeShone Kizer is the best thing we've seen come out since Andrew Luck. He's incredibly developed when it comes to going through his progressions. He has clean mechanics, great pocket presence, a good arm, and the ability to scramble. The total package.

Beyond Kizer you have a starting caliber quarterback in Mitch Trubisky, who doesn't have all the upside of a prospect like Kizer, but certainly the day one starting ability. Jerod Evans is next, with an insane arm and solid accuracy. Evans has the ability to read defenses, scramble, and move around in the pocket well. He runs hot and cold at times with his mechanics, and will rely too much on his arm rather than rising up through his lower body with passes. He's certainly more dangerous than Kizer or Trubisky as an early selection, but he could become an early starter as well.

Brad Kaaya, given proper protection by his offensive line, shows all the capabilities of operating an NFL offense as well. He's very similar to Jameis Winston as a passer, but is way more uncomfortable when asked to deal with a collapsing pocket. Deshaun Watson is certainly in the running as well, with the scrambling ability and arm strength to operate an NFL offense, although he isn't as polished as the rest of the top quarterback prospects.

Chad Kelly, while seriously flawed with both an off-the-field history and injury history, has the talent to be a starter at the next level. Brady Gustafson and Skyler Howard both have long-term upside that could develop into a low-end starter, or at least good backups. Davis Webb has a cannon, and would be intriguing long-term if he can fix his mechanics and footwork.

That's not even factoring in players that I'm low on that the rest of the draft community is high on, such as Pittsburgh's Nathan Peterman or Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes has been compared to Brett Favre in terms of his style and desire to play backyard football. Peterman has drawn Derek Carr comparisons at times, and should be taken in the second day of the draft if teams view him as highly as media does.

The class is obviously not the greatest, but it has serious top-end talent, and deserves to be recognized for the overall talent presented by it.

Weekly Play

This was taken from film study on Washington CB Sidney Jones, who is my top prospect for the upcoming draft. This play showcases Jones understanding of how to utilize proper positioning against receivers without hand-fighting down field and putting himself at risk of drawing a flag. This little nudge is a thing of beauty. Great job watching the QB's eyes up the field and then high-pointing the football once it's thrown his way.

https://giphy.com/gifs/12kWH5ITgu0Gbe

Please feel free to ask questions and give me content to work with! I figure this will be a good way of answering your questions without having to jump too far out of my schedule for grading guys and going through my process.

Edited by Chernobyl426

The Kamara Effect

What is the Kamara Effect? You could very well could call it the Foreman effect as well, but I think Kamara best embodies it. It's the idea that people are evaluating the guy solely on their narratives due to the strength of the class rather than their actual attributes. So much of what I hear about Kamara is based on narratives, and not actual film study. Now, I'm not intending to write this to crush narratives, but instead to look at the film Kamara brings to the table.

The overwhelming narrative I've seen presented about Kamara is the idea that he is a prototype speedy receiving back with very few miles on his legs. Now, let's discuss some of the qualities of Kamara's game that are most prominent when you turn on the tape.

The following play is a run against Vanderbilt. Now, when you first look at the play, it looks like Kamara is simply breaking tackles and right, but pay close attention.

https://giphy.com/gifs/v4OuCJqJzJYc0

First contact, arm tackle that is easily broken. The defender is far out of position, and their left arm isn't stopping Kamara coming downhill. It wouldn't stop any NFL caliber back. It might not stop any college backs. Second contact, terrible attempt, if it even was attempt, where Kamara simply bounces off the shoulder. The next two attempts aren't even close, and it's not because Kamara is a ball of lightning. It's because the defenders are out of position, and aren't stopping a guy by their fingertips.

Now onto our next play, which on first look seems like Alvin Kamara turning an entire defense into a pile of garbage, but in reality, it showcases the same things that the last play did.

https://giphy.com/gifs/7zzsTAH0IIjn2

First tackle attempt misses entirely. Second attempt is a bad attempt at the shoulders that just turns Kamara slightly off balance, which he recovers from well. The next two tackle attempts are misses. They barely get jersey. The next legitimate attempt comes when #5 tries to wrap him up, and only changes his course. This is the second legitimate tackle attempts that Kamara breaks, and it's not an impressive attempt at all. #77 and #14 are able to get involved a little bit, but it's already a touchdown.

This is one of Kamara's better plays, and there are still glaring issues with it. Above all, I would argue this just shows how terrible Vanderbilt is at tackling, but it shows that a lot of the Kamara hype as a guy who breaks tackles through sheer power and balance is unwarranted. He has good balance, but he's not a strong runner, and he isn't able to pick up speed again through acceleration. His top speed is likely in the 4.6-4.7 range.

One thing to note about Kamara though, and this is where I like the Theo Riddick comparison that was tossed out to me, is that the majority of his game comes from getting him the ball in the flat and giving him a lead blocker or two to work with. He can create with his balance, and he has the hands to catch out of the backfield. He's not flawless with his catching, and has times where he drops easy passes, but the majority of the time that's where he succeeds in his game.

However, Kamara is going to need to work on his pass blocking skills if he is going to fit the role that best suits him at the next level. He is not a three-down back, and he should only really be lining up in the shotgun with the defense spread out. If he's going to be in that role, he needs to clean up how he deals with pass-rushers. He's way too quick to jump at the legs rather than track the numbers. This is an example.

https://giphy.com/gifs/erdxA7F5jIOCk

I'm not a huge fan of Kamara as a day one or day two selection, largely due to the issues he has as a pure runner when he isn't given the ball in space. He goes down way too easily when he is asked to square up with linebackers, and his vision on the inside is not good at all. When he is given room to work, he does well, but otherwise he's not doing much. This is a good example of why Kamara can't be that feature back who works between the tackles.

https://giphy.com/gifs/Z15zow3DQI9l6

His ability to lower his shoulder and drive through tacklers for an extra yard or two is questionable as well. Most of the top guys in this class are unphased by contact, and will take a hit and keep pushing. Kamara tends to get knocked off his path and immediately fall, rather than moving forward when he faces straight forward contact (rather than arm tackles)

https://giphy.com/gifs/BAbHitr75LwOI

The problem simply goes back to the issue with Kamara's game. He relies on bad tackling to use his balance to avoid going down. Kareem Hunt does the same thing at times, but Hunt does it with much more power, and has the strength to drive through on some tacklers that are coming head-on. Kamara simply cannot stay up when contacted cleanly, and that's going to be a killer at the next level.

https://giphy.com/gifs/3tdb4qUGn9Xhe

Want to know what Kamara would look like against a real NFL defense? Now is your chance. This is the game against Alabama, and all of Kamara's meaningful snaps. It shows how easily he goes down to clean contact from guys who are much bigger and stronger than he is. This is the most likely outcome for Kamara at the next level when he faces players who know how to tackle, and have been playing football professionally for five years.

This isn't to say that Kamara doesn't have a role at the next level. He certainly does. He could end up being a good change of pace back to bring out on receiving downs. He could be a solid committee back who gets 10-15 touches a game and does well in his allocated time with the ball. But the Theo Riddick comparison is great, and when you look at what Riddick has done, I don't think I'd be comfortable investing anything but an incredibly late day three selection on a guy who has 2000 career yards from scrimmage, and averaged 70 yards rushing through his first three seasons in the league.

DeAngelo-Brown-e1441153840645.jpg?resize

The Basics

DeAngelo Brown

4-3 Defensive Tackle

Louisville

Senior

Age 23

6'0"

312 pounds

5.23 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Very good burst, utilizes leverage and drives well when rushing the passer. Very solid anchor, and digs in heels. Scrappy.

Negatives

Struggles with taking up space and filling lanes. Too often runs past the play, and will pursue too much when trying to get after a ball-carrier. Typically gets locked up too easily by guys with reach, and can't get outside of the numbers of the offensive lineman.

Overview

Undersized 4-3 defensive tackle who does his best when asked to just plant and hold firm in the run game, but he's incredibly limited outside of that. He uses leverage well, and has very solid upper body strength, but lacks the overall athleticism to do well at the next level.

Grade

3.1 - Potential Backup

Projection

I have him going undrafted at this point, and that's probably what should happen, although he could sneak in at the very end of the third day. He simply doesn't have the athletic talent to make it as anything more than a depth player at the next level.

jarron-jones-notre-dame-out-for-year.jpg

The Basics

Jarron Jones

3-4 Nose Tackle

Notre Dame

Senior

Age 23

6'5"

315 pounds

5.15 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Great interior penetration for a nose tackle. Navigates traffic well, and has a knack for finding the ball-carrier. Has the versatility to play all over the interior. Utilizes leverage and drives through blockers by churning his legs. Consistently gets off blocks, and can use hand-fighting to get space. Strength is top of the line. Motor is non-stop constantly getting after the ball. Very advanced technique in general, and does a good job of utilizing upper body and lower body coordination to confuse blockers.

Negatives

Questions about size and ability to anchor the line at the listed 315 pounds are there.

Overview

Total package, especially for an interior lineman. Almost no holes in his game outside of measurables, and should dominate from day one.

Grade

9.1 - Hall of Fame caliber player

Projection

He should be a first rounder, and if I need interior D-line, I'm taking him in the top 10 without hesitation. If utilized properly, he is an unstoppable force. Expect the conversation of best interior defensive lineman in the league to consist of J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald, and Jarron Jones.

I think Kareem Hunt is my favorite back of the draft. I'd say Fournette is better but I think Hunt is a beast. Hope the Eagles take him at some point. I wouldn't be mad at using a 2nd rounder on him one bit.

• Upvote 1

I think Kareem Hunt is my favorite back of the draft. I'd say Fournette is better but I think Hunt is a beast. Hope the Eagles take him at some point. I wouldn't be mad at using a 2nd rounder on him one bit.

I don't know if he would fit well for a team that doesn't have a great offensive line at the moment, largely because he can't produce his own yardage behind the LOS, and doesn't have home run threat ability. I love Kareem though. :yep:

M6gRJZEj.jpg

The Basics

Danny O'Brien

3-4 Nose Tackle

Tennessee

Senior

Age 23

6'2"

301 pounds

5.18 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Great anchor in the run game, does a good job of digging in and taking up space. Has the versatility to play across the interior of the line.

Negatives

Limited when it comes to sliding laterally to deal with power run schemes. Struggles as a pass-rusher, and lacks any hand technique that would be needed to fight into the backfield. Doesn't break off of blocks well.

Overview

Just a big guy who takes up space well and draws attention by being a rock in the run game. Limited in nearly all other aspects of his game.

Grade

4.0 - Potential starter, Consistent backup

Projection

I have him currently as a sixth rounder, but he could drop down into the seventh round. He's at least good depth due to size and strength, but he's likely not going to be a key player on any defensive line.

COOJNYfUEAAC8tw.jpg

The Basics

D.J. Jones

3-4 Nose Tackle

Ole Miss

Senior

Age 22

6'0"

320 pounds

5.08 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Constant motor drives him forward. Does a good job of utilizing hand-fighting to turn guys sideways. Has the ability to move through space fluidly. Good leveraging ability, and drives using his legs rather than his upper body. Has the versatility to play both as a DT and NT.

Negatives

Doesn't occupy large amounts of space, typically moves in a limited path right down the middle. Doesn't have great overall strength.

Overview

The versatility and ability to play as an anchor in a 4-3 or 3-4 will benefit him a lot. Solid tackler and technician, but not as gifted an athlete as most bigger interior guys are.

Grade

4.5 - Potential starter, Consistent backup

Projection

I have him as a fifth rounder because his game still has serious openings in it. He could slip even further, but he's going to be a rotational player at worst at the next level. He's way too talented from a technical standpoint to not make it at the next level.

I don't know if he would fit well for a team that doesn't have a great offensive line at the moment, largely because he can't produce his own yardage behind the LOS, and doesn't have home run threat ability. I love Kareem though. :yep:

Yeah but his patience and vision allow him to do things with a good line that a lot of other players can't. He has a little bit of that Bell/McCoy style to him but I like the power he runs with at his height. Makes it hard to tackle him at the second level. I think if he can learn to get small and fall forward and/or run with that low pad level he'll be able to create the 3-4 yard minimum type gains

Yeah but his patience and vision allow him to do things with a good line that a lot of other players can't. He has a little bit of that Bell/McCoy style to him but I like the power he runs with at his height. Makes it hard to tackle him at the second level. I think if he can learn to get small and fall forward and/or run with that low pad level he'll be able to create the 3-4 yard minimum type gains

That's odd, I don't see Bell/McCoy at all. He's not nearly as light on his feet and capable of accelerating after making cuts. He certainly has patience and vision, but as an athlete he's pretty limited outside of great balance. I think he's good for picking up 3-4 minimum already just because of the style he runs with. He can't change direction great, but he's incredibly tough to knock off his center line when he is headed downhill. Falls forward well, and always gets extra yardage.

I see McCoy/Bell before he hits the hole. Very different at the second level though.

One guy you might wanna look at that has got a lot of Le'Veon Bell comps is Joe Mixon from Oklahoma.

One guy you might wanna look at that has got a lot of Le'Veon Bell comps is Joe Mixon from Oklahoma.

No interest in looking at Mixon. He's not going to last long in the league, dude is a fucking true scum bag.

No interest in looking at Mixon. He's not going to last long in the league, dude is a fucking true scum bag.

:badass: Tyreek Hill is living it up. All depends how the cookie crumbles.

You might be right, I just don't want him on my team. How can you root for sone body like that?

Josh+Augusta+HK1KwZK4X0Ym.jpg

The Basics

Josh Augusta

3-4 Nose Tackle

Missouri

Senior

Age 22

6'4"

365 pounds

5.56 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Incredible at taking up space. Does a great job as an anchor. Tough to get away from once he grabs a hold of you.

Negatives

Lacks any ability to move in space. Athletically limited. Struggles to get off of contact. Doesn't utilize leverage well.

Overview

Has the size to play as the next level, but is mainly just a guy who takes up space. Doesn't move at all in space, and will likely be limited to just holding his ground in the run game. Useless in the pass game. Very limited as an overall prospect.

Grade

3.0 - Potential Backup

Projection

He's an undrafted talent, and should likely go untouched in the draft. He's almost a lock to get picked up as a UDFA though.

usatsi_9018439.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The Basics

Malik McDowell

3-4 Defensive End

Michigan State

Junior

Age 20

6'5"

276 pounds

4.89 projected 40-yard dash

Positives

Can leap to fill open gaps with incredible quickness and hand placement. Very disruptive when he's on, can toss linemen around at the point of attack. Has the frame to play all across the line, great versatility. Can push the edge when necessary, does a good job at winning hand-fighting at nearly all angles. Requires double-teams enough to disrupt offensive schemes.

Negatives

Has serious questions with his motor after slacking off a lot in the second half of the season. Plays too tall at times, and will get stood up by the more technical linemen in the league.

Overview

Has the ability to be an absolute beast. Athletically one of the most gifted prospects coming out of college right now. Takes double-teams to stop on a consistent basis, and will run through guys when he is on his game. Versatile and has position flexibility.

Grade

7.7 - Potential All-Pro, Perennial Pro Bowler

Projection

He should be a first round pick, but the questions off the field and about his motor on the field could drag him down into the second day of the draft. That said, the talent is certainly there, and it will be tough for him to drop beyond the first fifty picks.