Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Actual Good News...For once

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/google-antitrust-probe-48-u-s-states-launch-antitrust-investigation-of-google-dominance-in-search-ads-and-data/

Google and Facebook cannot be allowed to dictate who gets to speak. This should result in more than just a fine this time. Antitrust is serious business. Of course in this corrupt cesspool we call a government it takes some rich business people losing money to fight for us. 

I'll start believing it's good news when Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and all these places are shattered.

Hopefully Amazon and Walmart shortly thereafter.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Omerta said:

I'll start believing it's good news when Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and all these places are shattered.

Hopefully Amazon and Walmart shortly thereafter.

Idk man I feel you. It's pretty hard not to be cynical but they're being sued by a member of Congress. There are DA's from multiple states and like I said, some people with some money have...lost some money. That's a pretty significant coalition. I'm not sure that this can just be swept under the rug. Also consider that Google was working with Hillary so Trump's justice department may have an axe to grind here.

45 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Idk man I feel you. It's pretty hard not to be cynical but they're being sued by a member of Congress. There are DA's from multiple states and like I said, some people with some money have...lost some money. That's a pretty significant coalition. I'm not sure that this can just be swept under the rug. Also consider that Google was working with Hillary so Trump's justice department may have an axe to grind here.

I mean I guess if that's what it takes. I would rather this be a piece of legislation not some bitter politician and right guy mad because they got bested at the game. 

Or because Trump wants to keep rubbing it in Hilldawgs face, which don't get me wrong because they are both the biggest pieces of shit in recent memory.

There are no progressives anymore. There is the far right, the regressive left, and everyone else.

2 hours ago, Omerta said:

I mean I guess if that's what it takes. I would rather this be a piece of legislation not some bitter politician and right guy mad because they got bested at the game. 

Or because Trump wants to keep rubbing it in Hilldawgs face, which don't get me wrong because they are both the biggest pieces of shit in recent memory.

There are no progressives anymore. There is the far right, the regressive left, and everyone else.

I'm not sure that they need new legislation. There are already antitrust laws on the books but they haven't been enforced in a long time. Maybe they need new legislation because the internet is weird new technology.