Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Greatest Team in the Super Bowl Era

Hey guys, the offseason is a total drag, and this offseason might be even more of a drag than usual since there isn't even any basketball or hockey to stem the tides. So I'm starting up a new tournament to pass the time. A single elimination, 96 team tournament, to determine which team was the greatest of all time. In the Super Bowl era anyway, it was way too easy to have dynasties in 12 team leagues.

The rules for qualification were pretty simple, all super bowl winning teams automatically got a berth, and automatically received the top 54 seeds. After all, winning a championship is the goal of every great team. I randomized the seeding order for those teams, so some of the really good ones didn't get a first round bye. From there I put in some at large teams. 10 didn't feel like quite enough, I was leaving out teams with 14+ wins in the regular season, so I expanded to include all of those, along with some more at larges that I picked based off of other factors. In the end, I came up with a 96 team bracket. 

https://challonge.com/xg209bla

I'll be putting up polls shortly for the first round, I'll try to close them in a timely manner, but we'll see how results shake out.

• Like 2

Razor saves the offseason again. I am ALL IN on this.

Well two days are already finished, so here are some of the round 2 matchups to look forward to:

1. 1984 San Francisco 49ers
vs.
64. 1992 San Francisco 49ers

32. 2019 Kansas City Chiefs
vs.
33. 2017 Philadelphia Eagles

16. 1986 New York Giants
vs.
49. 1971 Dallas Cowboys

17. 1987 Washington Redskins
vs.
81. 2004 Pittsburgh Steelers

8. 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers
vs.
72. 1969 Minnesota Vikings

25. 1996 Green Bay Packers
vs.
40. 1995 Dallas Cowboys

9. 1976 Oakland Raiders
vs.
56. 1986 Chicago Bears

24. 1992 Dallas Cowboys
vs.
41. 1997 Denver Broncos

Well, we've made it to the second round after eliminating 32 wannabe contenders. Now the real titans of the tournament are going to be showing up.