Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Iowa Players Hospitalized After Grueling Workout Schedule

A strenuous squat-lifting workout was the primary cause of 13 Iowa football players being hospitalized with a muscle disorder in January, a university investigation has concluded.

The investigation found the hospitalized players weren't responsible for their injuries and that the condition was not linked to use of drugs or supplements, according to the Des Moines Register, which obtained a copy of the report.

ESPN

You want to lose recruits? Let them see that they've got this kind of bullshit to deal with in the offseason. This is MARCH. Not June or July or August. Spring ball hasn't even started yet. Iowa will get some serious shit for this. And they should. This is absolutely ridiculous.

In today's day and age a college sport especially at the D1 level is a year long thing and this is just proof of that.

Doesn't matter what time of the year it is of whether or not the season is year round, 13 players should never be going to the hospital as a result of their coaches.

Guest Durant4MVP
He said his son's pain started last Thursday with a lower-body workout that involved performing 100 squats in a certain amount of time and pulling a sled 100 yards.

"I had to squat 240 pounds 100 times and it was timed. I can't walk and I fell down the stairs ... lifes (sic) great"

Jesus christ. When is 100 squats ever necessary for anything?

Edited by Durant4MVP

Where did Iowa get these fucking strength coaches? Hell? What a joke. Fines and termination of contracts should follow this nonsense.

Jesus christ. When is 100 squats ever necessary for anything?

My legs hurt just thinking about it.

Guest Durant4MVP

My legs hurt just thinking about it.

No joke. I do 3 sets of 5 at the same weight they're doing and I'm fucking spent. I couldn't imagine doing 100 of them.

In today's day and age a college sport especially at the D1 level is a year long thing and this is just proof of that.

No, it's evidence of a head strength and conditioning coach implementing a training regimen that is obviously too intense and grueling for his players to complete without suffering severe, negative effects. I don't have any knowledge of Iowa's head SCC or whether he was present during this workout, but the responsibility falls upon him regardless and this is unacceptable.