Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Raiders to trade up for Jake Locker?

There is continued speculation that the Oakland Raiders may be looking to select a quarterback in this year’s draft. Despite repeated praise from owner Al Davis and head coach Hue Jackson, Jason Campbell continues to be somewhat on the hot seat in the media’s eyes. Why? Perhaps it’s just a leftover unsettled feeling from the Tom Cable era. Regardless, Jake Locker has somehow popped up on the Raiders media radar. Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News believes it’s plausible for the team to trade up for a first-round pick in this year’s draft in order to take a quarterback, in this case, it could be University of Washington standout.

Source: Football News Now

Interesting.

They really don't have the firepower... I'd rather wait for a guy like Stanzi or Kaepernick.

Man, I think the funnest part about this draft is gonna be seeing where are the quarterback prospects go. A month or so ago this was a crappy class with two quarterbacks who deserved to go in the first round, neither of which were can't-miss prospects. Now it seems like there will be a flurry of teams trading up at the end of the first round to get a franchise quarterback.

They really don't have the firepower... I'd rather wait for a guy like Stanzi or Kaepernick.

Like I did for them in our mock draft. :D