Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Lyles asked A&M for $80K for Patrick Peterson

By ESPNDallas.com

Willie Lyles, a Texas-based football trainer who is under NCAA investigation after receiving $25,000 from Oregon, told Texas A&M it had to beat $80,000 if it wanted to sign star recruit Patrick Peterson in 2007, a former Texas A&M coach told ESPN on Wednesday.

Source: ESPN

Edited by BLUE

[rant]The NCAA is a joke. This shit needs to be fixed like right now.

Nobody seems to want to play by the rules. Either enforce your god damn rules harshly on all programs or totally start over with a pay-to-play basis. Which I do not really condone that but it seems like that's what it is anyways. Although, I do agree that the NCAA is make loads of cash on these players. Like I said, the NCAA is a complete and utter JOKE. They are the definition of the word hypocrisy. The NCAA says time and time again that they "are students before athletes." However each 'student' is given an athletic scholarship for 1 year. They don't give out multi-year scholarships. If the 'student' does not perform, breaks school rules, or fails academically he's not given another scholarship. Even if the 'student' has an injury or has the luck to be around when a new coach comes in he may be forced off the team and have to pay tuition out of his own pocket next year. That's not right. If you guys remember Joseph Agnew he is a prime example. He was cut from the team after a coaching change and injuries. He was forced to pay tuition of his senior year out of his own pocket. He's now suing the NCAA. Good for him. The NCAA is a multi-billion dollar organization that hides behind a 'non-profit' poster. FIX IT NOW![/rant]

"I have never had any type of relationship with Willie Lyles, and he had no influence on my decision to attend LSU, or any other school for that matter," Peterson said through LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette. "He had no involvement with my recruiting process, and I resent the fact that my name has come up in these allegations. I chose LSU because it's a great school with a great football program. I never received nor was I offered anything to go to LSU, and anyone saying otherwise is being dishonest."