Sign in to follow this  
FSUViking

Stephen Garcia suspended indefinitely

Stephen Garcia suspended indefinitely

Posted on: April 6, 2011 6:16 pm

Edited on: April 6, 2011 6:21 pm

Posted by Tom Fornelli

In what has seemingly become a spring tradition in Columbia, South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia found himself suspended for all of spring practice in March, which was allegedly due to some partying he did down in Atlanta while the Gamecocks were in town for the Chik-Fil-A Bowl. Well, now it seems that Garcia's suspension won't just be for spring practice, as it's had the indefinite tag added to it according to athletic director Eric Hyman.

"Being a student-athlete at the University of South Carolina is a privilege, not a right," said Hyman. "We have expectations for our student-athletes and we make them aware that there are consequences for their actions. Stephen has exhibited behavior that is unacceptable for one of our student-athletes. Therefore, he has forfeited the privilege to participate in any football related activity until further notice."

As for what Garcia did to earn this newest suspension, that hasnt' been announced as of yet. Though The Post & Courier's Travis Haney tweeted that he "heard rumbling earlier in afternoon of another incident" that he said was minor compared to what happened at the bowl game. Haney also tweeted that Garcia "did not represent himself well at a school function." As for whatever that could mean, well, let's just say I have my theories.

Whatever the case is, Garcia isn't doing much to endear himself to South Carolina or Steve Spurrier, and I get the feeling that Connor Shaw will see a lot more playing time this season. Maybe even all of it.

SOURCE: CBS Sports

Garcia has always seemed to me like a complete punk. That and the fact it seems like he's been at SoCar for about 9 years.

Yeah, who knows what his issues are? He's got some talent, and potential, so I'm intrigued by what he could be in the NFL, but who knows if he'll see a football field again?

Yeah, who knows what his issues are? He's got some talent, and potential, so I'm intrigued by what he could be in the NFL, but who knows if he'll see a football field again?

Main word being SOME. :p

I don't really see this as a big hit to Carolina. He was very inconsistent and really only showed "talent" when he was throwing to Alshon Jeffery (who you should be eye'ing for the NFL instead of Garcia, BWare). This will allow Lattimore to get more carries though. I'd say he was the biggest threat of the Gamecocks' offense last season.. and should be again in this one.

Man I hate the word "potential." EVERYBODY has potential at something. I don't want to be associated with somebody who has "potential." You have the talent. Either you fucking use or you don't and if you don't, get your ass off my team. I don't have time for you or that shit.