4th round

Steal: Sam Acho to the Cardinals

Reach: Jamie Harper to the Titans

5th round

Steal: Marcus Cannon to the Patriots

Reach: Daniel Kilgore to the 49ers

6th round

Steal: Greg Jones to the Giants

Reahc: Don't really consider anything to be a reach in the 6th round lol.

Can someone tell me a little bit about this Greg Jones kid? Everything im seeing is that he was a steal, and had he come out last year would have been a first rounder? I dont know if thats true, Ive never heard of him.....Any insight is much appreciated

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Mark Ingram to the Saints = steal

/thread

How was he a steal when he was projected to go in the late 1st? Not to mention the Saints gave up their 2012 1st rounder + 56th overall pick to get him lol.

Mark Ingram to the Saints = steal

/thread

Trading BACK in to the first round doesnt constitute a steal, especially when you give up a first and a 2nd my friend hahaha

Can someone tell me a little bit about this Greg Jones kid? Everything im seeing is that he was a steal, and had he come out last year would have been a first rounder? I dont know if thats true, Ive never heard of him.....Any insight is much appreciated

His junior year he was extremely explosive, sideline to sideline guy with a lot of good instincts. But he added weight to move inside and it really shows, he's lost a lot of his athleticism and he played horrible in the senior bowl. He isn't very strong, and has trouble with getting off of blockers and his coverage skills aren't the best. Still very explosive though, and has a nose for the football....

Kinda wanted Detroit to grab him.

lolwut? He was projected to go in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Nah not talking bout now, but by the end of the season he will be ;)

• Downvote 2

That make ZERO sense newb...... :facepalm:

I like his talent and do think he should have been taken a bit higher, but I doubt he does much his rookie season with Pierre Thomas, Chirs Ivory, and maybe Bush still getting carries.

That make ZERO sense newb...... :facepalm:

Damn another troll on another forum, guess criticizing others is just a regular job on the internet nowadays.

Ingram was the 13th ranked overall player in the draft and we got him at 28th, I agree the Giants got Prince at a good spot at 19 but i don't think he was a steal either. He just fell a couple of spots out of where most people projected him to be draft. Same thing happened to Ingram who was expected to go between 15-24.

Now if you would actually discuss topics instead of just bashing, maybe i would have some actual respect for you. Also btw you don't judge a newb by the number of posts he has dumbass.

Edited by Kplayer4sure
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Damn another troll on another forum, guess criticizing others is just a regular job on the internet nowadays.

Ingram was the 13th ranked overall player in the draft and we got him at 28th, I agree the Giants got Prince at a good spot at 19 but i don't think he was a steal either. He just fell a couple of spots out of where most people projected him to be draft. Same thing happened to Ingram who was expected to go between 15-24.

Now if you would actually discuss topics instead of just bashing, maybe i would have some actual respect for you. Also btw you don't judge a newb by the number of posts he has dumbass.

Troll? lol....scroll UP and read my first response

Dude Im simply pointing out that trading BACK in to the first round and giving up a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder is not a STEAL.

Its a hope and a prayer that it pans out and that hes worth your first 2 picks. If hes amazing, its worth it. But its not a steal

And as far as Prince.......you seem to be the sole person on here that doesnt consider that a steal...Big difference is you gave up your 2nd this year and 1st next year to land a guy where he was supposed to go. We landed a top 10 guy with giving up nothing.

Lastly, judging a poster by his # of posts is EXACTLY what MAKES you a newb....your NEW to our site, hence NEWb

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ingram may have been ranked high as a player, but most people still didn't have him going until the late 1st/early 2nd because it is pretty easy to find a good RB in the draft. Most people had Prince going in the top 10 and I don't think anyone saw him going past Detroit at #13. Lots of people saw Ingram falling to the late 1st. In fact, a lot of people even thought the Patriots were going to get him with the pick they traded to the Saints.

Troll? lol....scroll UP and read my first response

Dude Im simply pointing out that trading BACK in to the first round and giving up a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder is not a STEAL.

Its a hope and a prayer that it pans out and that hes worth your first 2 picks. If hes amazing, its worth it. But its not a steal

Basically i say we gave up a 1st rounder. I think of it as our 2nd round pick was used as our 2nd 1st round pick. So if you really think of it, you can say we spent 2 1st round picks on Ingram. I think by the end of the year 2 1st-round picks will be worth the production that Ingram produces on our team. Most people will say it isn't a steal regardless of how he produces, but being an Alabama fan and watching Ingram since his sophomore year, I personally think he is a steal for the Saints' organization.

Ingram may have been ranked high as a player, but most people still didn't have him going until the late 1st/early 2nd because it is pretty easy to find a good RB in the draft. Most people had Prince going in the top 10 and I don't think anyone saw him going past Detroit at #13. Lots of people saw Ingram falling to the late 1st. In fact, a lot of people even thought the Patriots were going to get him with the pick they traded to the Saints.

I really didn't see Prince going any earlier than 13th. I felt that Detroit was going to be the team that drafted him, but once Fairly fell to them they passed. He is a top 10 ranked player, but i don't see him going anywhere else except Detriot or Dallas before the Giant's pick.

Edited by Kplayer4sure

Basically i say we gave up a 1st rounder. I think of it as our 2nd round pick was used as our 2nd 1st round pick. So if you really think of it, you can say we spent 2 1st round picks on Ingram. I think by the end of the year 2 1st-round picks will be worth the production that Ingram produces on our team. Most people will say it isn't a steal regardless of how he produces, but being an Alabama fan and watching Ingram since his sophomore year, I personally think he is a steal for the Saints' organization.

And thats a valid arguement in regards to his production. But no one can be considered a "steal" when you give up a 1st and a 2nd, trade back in to the first, and draft a guy where he was projected to be drafted.

Now if you want to say it was a SMART move by the saints, and he turns out producing big for you, I would be inclined to agree. But no one, except you obviously, will classify this guy as a steal by any strecth

And thats a valid arguement in regards to his production. But no one can be considered a "steal" when you give up a 1st and a 2nd, trade back in to the first, and draft a guy where he was projected to be drafted.

Now if you want to say it was a SMART move by the saints, and he turns out producing big for you, I would be inclined to agree. But no one, except you obviously, will classify this guy as a steal by any strecth

Maybe nobody on this board will agree, but obviously you don't know everybody cause i know others that would agree. Your opinion against another's really.

Maybe nobody on this board will agree, but obviously you don't know everybody cause i know others that would agree. Your opinion against another's really.

Opinions based on fact vs opinions based on bias........oops no i dont, cuz they will side with the other 99% of knowledgable football fans

I wonder where most people who arent Saints/Bama fans will fall on this arguement....

Gota love NEWb's who cant admit when there wrong....That used to be me :p

I really didn't see Prince going any earlier than 13th. I felt that Detroit was going to be the team that drafted him, but once Fairly fell to them they passed. He is a top 10 ranked player, but i don't see him going anywhere else except Detriot or Dallas before the Giant's pick.

Dallas, Detroit, Houston, San Fran, NE, Rams.......all were definent possibilities once he fell past Dallas

Ponder was more of a reach then Carpenter in my opinion i know Carpenter was more of a 2nd round choice but there were other teams considering him in the 1st at 31 like the Steelers.