Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Brian Westbrook to Cleveland?

Per Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer suggests free agent RB Brian Westbrook could be a fit with the Browns.

Westbrook is done in San Francisco after they drafted Kendall Hunter. While Westbrook certainly knows Browns GM Tom Heckert from their days together in Philadelphia, there's reason to believe Westbrook is done as an effective player. He'll be 32 in September and is a poor bet to maintain health.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Westbrook is definitely a fit for their offense, but I personally don't see it happening. At best he'd be the third running back on the depth chart behind Hillis and Hardesty, and it's not like Hillis has bad hands. (61 receptions for 477 yards and 2 touchdowns last season) I guess if the price is right, it may be one of the last opportunities Westbrook has before he starts filling out his retirement papers.

Unnecessary, give it to a young kid with something to prove.

Well since Hardesty is yet to play a down, having a veteran on the roster to motivate the kids to stay on the field and be a change of pace from Hillis is not a bad idea at all. Also, Westbrook was never much of a fumbler if my memory serves me correctly. He could teach Hillis a thing or two about hanging onto the ball.

Yeah this isn't needed. We have Hillis, Hardesty, Vickers and Marecic who can all contribute to the running game.