Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Steelers won't bring back Willie Parker

It's kind of sad to see Willie Parker beg the Steelers to "resign 39," and encourage fans to do the same. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that the Steelers are not going to bring the veteran free agent back. The Steelers did bring back a handful of their former players last season through free agency and one trade, but that won't happen with Fast Willie because at age 30 and because of some injuries, his strengths are not his strengths anymore. He will forever go down in their history for his accomplishments, including that record 75-yard run in Super Bowl XL.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

I am a huge Steeler fan and love Fast Willie Parker and respect him for what he did for us, but it's true that what he is known for is not really part of his game anymore. If we had the roster space I would not be upset if we brought him in because honestly I still like him more than Moore.

Seeing Parker go is obviously going to suck, but with injuries and age, it's an understandable decision. He was always fun to watch. I loved that 75-yard run in SB 40 especially.

Time really flies. For some strange reason I still thought he was in his mid-twenties. Sad to see his downfall.