Sign in to follow this  
FSUViking

Movie night with Roddy White

White gives Falcons fans a 'Hangover'

By: John Manasso May 26, 2011

Never let it be said that Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White isn’t a man of the people.

The Pro Bowl player let it to be known to his more than 42,000 followers on Twitter that he was going to attend the viewing of “The Hangover Part II†at the Regal Mall of Georgia Stadium 20 & IMAX in Buford, Ga., and that if anyone wanted to watch the movie with him, well, it was on him.

“I got to make this clear,†he Tweeted at exactly 8 p.m. on Wednesday from his verified account, RoddyWhiteTV, “I got 187 tickets for the hangover 2 for thursday night I will be handing out the tickets at 11:15 at the mall of georgia regal cinemasâ€

According to the online movie-ticket purchasing Website Fandango, an adult ticket cost $11. Sure enough, there was a line through the 11:55 p.m. show, indicating that it was sold out. That meant White had spent $2,057 of his own money for the tickets.

That's just a drop in the bucket for the player, who in August 2009, signed a contract extension for six years and $50 million, of which $18 million is guaranteed.

Why is he doing it?

As he Tweeted at 8:31 p.m. on Wednesday, “cause I love my followers.â€

Responded one of White’s followers, atlbabigyrl: “I'll be there with bells on, well actually my #84 jersey on...CAN'T WAIT!!!â€

So while the likes of the Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis might be darkly warning that crime could increase if the NFL does not end its lockout, the happy-go-lucky White seems to be finding his own way to entertain himself, his fans and to stay in their good graces.

Tweets like these from White on Tuesday showed that missing offseason team activities is not all doom and gloom:

“So I was in the bahamas for the weekend and I was playing blackjack with this rich guy and he wouldn’t tell me his name.â€

Then, 140 characters later, “Than he said I'm more famous than u but u probably don't know who I am and I'm not telling u but [sic] the kept calling him don.â€

And finally: “He said u should stay and go out on the yacht with us but I left wanted to stay though to figure out who he was.â€

The mystery continues, as does that of the lockout. But perhaps this little story serves as a reminder that in many ways the lockout is about owners and players whose wealth extends far beyond the imagination of the average fan.

And some of them seem to get that.

SOURCE: FOX Sports

Kinda cool... :shrug: