Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Could Derrelle Revis Become the Greatest Jet Ever?

As far as New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is concerned, All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis truly belongs on an island of his own.

Or even a different stratosphere.

"One day we're gonna say that this is the best Jet in the history of the New York Jet franchise," Ryan told NFL Network for a top 100 players introduction for Revis. "I believe that. And I think we're gonna also see him in Canton one day."

Being the top Jet in franchise history would place Revis in the company of former quarterback Joe Namath, an NFL Hall of Famer along with former Jets wide receiver Don Maynard.

And Ryan believes Revis has no rivals when it comes to being the top cornerback in the NFL.

It's hard to argue with him.

"There's a lot of good corners in this league, but there's only one Darrelle Revis," Ryan said. "There's not a better zone (corner), there's not a better man (man-to-man corner) -- you name the defense, he's the best at it."

NFP

Now, I want to make it clear I am not dissing Rex with this thread/post. I just want to know what you guys think about his comments?

It isn't like Revis has a whole lot of competition. Curtis Martin, Don Maynard, Joe Namath....

He keeps is up for 10 more years and he can be put in the same basket as C-Mart.

• Upvote 1

He keeps is up for 10 more years and he can be put in the same basket as C-Mart.

Yep. If he stays Jet for a long time, and especially the rest of his career and keeps his play up. Also a Super Bowl win or two could very well put himself there.