Sign in to follow this  
Piggly Wiggly

Top 10 toughest stadiums

I get the impression that Eagle fans actually make it more difficult for their own team to play at Lincoln Financial...or in Radio City...

• Upvote 2

I get the impression that Eagle fans actually make it more difficult for their own team to play at Lincoln Financial...or in Radio City...

That maybe true at some times, but the pressure to do well is there whether they are home or away. We're watching, and we will share our opinion on a message board or a radio show. Some players like that, and it keeps them on their toes. Speaking of radio shows, a troll (can't remember who) rallied a bunch of retards to go to that draft. That is not an accurate representation of our entire fanbase at all, who actually were happy to finally get a high caliber QB, which is better to build a franchise around than a RB.

Eagle fans are especially good with crowd control, and keeping our stadium green. It's funny how intimidated people sound when they come to Eagles message boards and ask "hey, I'm thinking about buying tickets to go see my Giants play the Eagles... am I going to make it out alive?" Players have also said they hate playing there. Heckling, name calling, and bringing skeletons out of player's pasts is a tradition during warmups to try and rattle them. And if you're not having a good game... the fans get on you and make sure you keep having a bad game. Getting a good start is key to winning when visiting the Eagles.

And yeah... the Metrodome should not be on this. They almost had a playoff game blacked out a couple years back, but Eagles fans bought a bunch of a tickets and helped save it. That would never happen at the Linc. They should take out the Metrodome and replace it with the Colts' dome. Even though they pump artificial crowd noise in... it's still difficult to play there.

Edited by westbrookforsix

I've been to a number of different NFL stadiums (Eagles, Redskins, Ravens, Dolphins, Cowboys) but none came close to the intensity I felt at the Ravens stadium. It was easily the loudest I've ever been to.

It might have been the matchup (Ravens were 2-1, Titans were 4-0) but compared to the other stadiums it was absolutely crazy. I think that the Ravens should at least some spot on this list.

And yeah... the Metrodome should not be on this. They almost had a playoff game blacked out a couple years back, but Eagles fans bought a bunch of a tickets and helped save it. That would never happen at the Linc. They should take out the Metrodome and replace it with the Colts' dome. Even though they pump artificial crowd noise in... it's still difficult to play there.

I agree about how the Colts could be on there. That place gets really loud when Indy is on defense, but the coolest thing is how quiet it gets when the team is on offense. You could hear a pin drop in that place. You've got to have every fan in the game to accomplish that.