Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Tauscher Uncertain On Future

Waukesha - Mark Tauscher would not or could not say whether he'll play again.

It was clear he wanted to leave all the doors open. But he also made no promises or bold declarations.

Green Bay's 11-year right tackle sprained his shoulder blocking an extra point in Week 4 against Detroit and was eventually placed on injured reserve.

The veteran Packer is taking a wait-and-see approach.

"I feel good. I really do. ... The rehab is going well, my shoulder is feeling a lot better," Tauscher said Friday morning before hitting the links at the Merrill Hills Country Club for the Greg Jennings Celebrity Golf Tournament.

"I haven't really figured out what I'm going to do yet. When the lockout ends I'm sure I'll get things figured out, one way or another, and see where we're at."

Tauscher, 33, said the pain was severe when he hurt the shoulder but that his strength has come back.

First-round draft pick Bryan Bulaga filled in for Tauscher on the right side, and after a rocky transition from the left side, settled in and played well last season. Of course, it was hard for Tauscher, a Marshfield, Wis., native and former Wisconsin Badgers lineman, not to be on the field for the Packers' Super Bowl run.

"Obviously I would have loved to have kept playing," said Tauscher. "For the team to finish the season the way we did was outstanding."

Later, Gov. Scott Walker declared Friday as Mark Tauscher Day in Wisconsin, and Jennings organized a surprise celebration for the right tackle.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/123669859.html

I love Tauscher, and I was happy to sign him last year. But I think it's time to hang em' up.

His body has started to become less durable and he hasn't be able to remain healthy for a number of years. He's a very talented player but I think it's time for him to consider what his body can and cannot take anymore. It might be in his best interest to consider retirement.

He should retire. He got his ring, which he deserved to get after so many years of dedication to the franchise.

He should take a job within the organization cuz he's a great character.