Sign in to follow this  
KeVo

Proposed NCAA List

I was thinking, and I think to help kill some time, we could do a top 25 list of the best college football programs in the nation historically. It could even be more than that. I seen ESPN do their own awhile back, and figured it'd give a little boost the NCAA section.

Input?

11-25 might be interesting, though it seems like the top 10 is widely known/accepted, usually consisting of(these aren't in order):

Alabama

Michigan

Texas

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Ohio State

Tennessee

Penn State

USC

Notre Dame

Plus you're also likely to get people who only think of recently, and leave off teams like Notre Dame, Penn State, Tennessee, Michigan and etc from the list, just because they haven't "dominated" in recent years.

This is just a suggestion, not saying I'm supporting it or not, but maybe NCAA athletics programs? We can rank the schools on how good their athletics are throughout all their sports? It might be more interesting, but more difficult. Because some schools with absolutely astonishing football programs suck balls at everything else, and football is the only thing they're known for.

Football

Basketball (M + W?)

Baseball

The three major sports?

Again, just something to think about. But I agree with the post above, the top schools would be incredibly obvious for football.

I'd go for the NCAA FB list. Overall athletic programs could go so many different ways that I don't think its the best option. Also, yes those programs listed are considered the top 10, but putting them in order would be interesting, not to mention there are some other schools that could give Penn State (and a few others, of course :p) a run for their money.