Sign in to follow this  
FIDDYDEUCE

Ravens Too-Do List

These are in no particular order.

1. HB Rotation.

The tandem of Ray Rice & Willis McGahee is apparently very close to coming to an end. McGahee is still a hard runner but isn't getting any younger and is due some dollar signs. LeRon McClain the current FB -and a good one at that- has been determined to move over to HB where he has proven before that he can be very effective. The way things are shaping up McGahee is outta there and that leaves Baltimore with the duo of Rice and McClain which isn't a bad deal however that would mean we have don't have a FB.

Enter Vonta Leach, who in my opinion is one of the best FBs in Football is now a free agent. If the former happens then Leach should be Baltimore's #1b priority during Free Agency (#1a will be revealed later in the list). This not only solves Baltimore's issues in the back field talent-wise but it also provides more financial breathing room.

2. Marshall Yanda and Jared Gaither

Re-sign Yanda at all costs, FA priority #1A! The way the OL is showing up it should look something like: Oher LT, Grubbs LG, Birk C, Yanda RG, Reid RT (of course only if Yanda re-signs and Reid is given the green light to start his rookie season). As for Gaither, I like the guy, he's very talented and a very good player at that but his work ethic his downfall. The Ravens have been wanting to ship him somewhere for the past 2 seasons but he's been injured. In a perfect world he would still be the starting LT and Oher would be the starting RT but things just haven't gone that way and he's going to be moved. If Baltimore can get ANYTHING for him it'd be great! Shit send him over to the Lions, Stafford could use him.

3. Defensive Back

There is huge dilema here. Dawan Landry played well last season and is looking to get paid, the Ravens want to keep him however it's not looking like that will be the case. Before the season began starting CB Domonique Foxworth was injured and was out for the year, then early in the season the Ravens acquired CB Josh Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks for an order of 6 piece Chicken McNuggets -which is pretty accurate considering he played out of his mind and the Ravens gave up nothing- Josh is a FA and is looking to get paid as well. But it doesn't stop there. Chris Carr, OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE, played astonishingly well last season and is also a FA who ... well you know. But wait, there's more!

With the 27th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Ravens selected Chris McAlis... Jimmy Smith (lawl). He will most likely not be a starter right away and will compete with Ladarius Webb (who should stick to KR/PR!) for a spot and then work his way up. Oh and they drafted CB Chykie Brown in the 5th round. (PS fuck Fabian Washington.) The biggest position of need for the Ravens is CB. Should they re-sign Landry but by doing so give up Josh Wilson and Chris Carr when Hakuri Nakamura and Tommy-Z have played pretty good @ S? If I had to choose I'd have to take Josh Wilson over Landry easily. Wilson and Foxworth should start @ CB with Carr, Webb, Brown and Smith @ Nickel and Dime. I'm sure Jimmy Smith can fucking play Saftey if he wanted to anyway.

4. Joe Flacco

I love the guy... then I fucking loath him. He can be good... but then he's fucking terrible. If you think Aaron Rodgers holds on to the ball to long this fucking guy has it Gorilla Glued to his fucking hand! You could read Tim Tebow's autobiography in the time this guy takes to do something, ANYTHING! But of course then he has a quick release and a wonderful throw. My point? Joe needs to figure out who he is. He could be better than Matty Melt if he wanted to but he can't figure himself out. I've said a billion times that I hate Cam Cameron's offense and have defended Joe through bonehead throw after bonehead throw but Cameron has clearly stated he will implement audibles in the offense now (fucking now.. :facepalm: not 3 flippin' years ago... but now) and because of the lockout I doubt Flacco, and the rest of the offense, have any idea what is going on with Cameron's new audibles. Audibles are something Flacco could have learned a while back instead of throwing in to Heap on a slant for 5 consecutive plays. It would have be very beneficial to his progression as a leader and better QB.

Flacco needs to be the leader in the huddle, not Derrick Mason, not Anquan Boldin, not Todd Heap. He needs to assume his role as leader and do some damn leading. It's frustrating watching your QB have this 'bewildered Derrick Mason come scream at me' look on his face all the time. He sometimes gets in peoples faces and sometimes rattles the troops but he needs to do that all the time. I love watching Brady and Peyton tell their teammates their lives are worth a dingleberry when they drop a ball and then reinvigorating them to get the fuck out there and play. That's what a leader does. Joe needs to be that. If not then Tyrod Taylor FTW!

5. Free Agents

Realistic: Cullen Jenkins.

DE is a need and Cullen is a beast. I see nothing wrong here.

Unlikely: Nnamdi Asomugha

The Ravens jumped on Boldin like pack of hungry wolves. Here's some picks and shit and that was that, the Ravens got Boldin. Nnamdi would fit right in. If the Ravens go after Aso like they did Boldin then.. well.. hey :shrug:. I don't see this happening but I think we all wouldn't mind him on our teams.

Why the fuck not: Donovan McNabb

We need a back up :corn: ...

6. Get out of the league.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you forgot the part about them needing to stop blowing heaps of cock.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

I don't see why Jimmy Smith won't be able to start right away. Most every player taken in the first round is an impact player from day one, with the exception of those at the quarterback position. By the end of the season he should be your best CB. He just needs to keep healthy and sign right away, and play in all the drills and preseason games and I'd say he's set to start at CB2 week 1. Dawan Landry has been there awhile and I wouldn't imagine them not bringing him back. Alot of it probably has to do with the outcome of the lockout. Franchise tag may be an option.

Great post by the way, lots of great flavor from a Raven perspective.

• Downvote 2

6. Get out of the league.

middlefingeruj.jpg

Yeah, you forgot the part about them needing to stop blowing heaps of cock.

I believe you have misread Zachary. I clearly alluded to Flacco blowing heaps of cock.

I don't see why Jimmy Smith won't be able to start right away. Most every player taken in the first round is an impact player from day one, with the exception of those at the quarterback position. By the end of the season he should be your best CB. He just needs to keep healthy and sign right away, and play in all the drills and preseason games and I'd say he's set to start at CB2 week 1. Dawan Landry has been there awhile and I wouldn't imagine them not bringing him back. Alot of it probably has to do with the outcome of the lockout. Franchise tag may be an option.

Great post by the way, lots of great flavor from a Raven perspective.

My expectations for Jimmy Smith are very high. I can see him starting sometime in the season but just not right away. I like Dawan but the league has given teams a window of 72 hours to sign their own free agents and to be honest Yanda and Wilson are bigger needs than Dawan. Plus Dawan wants lots of coin and I just can't see him getting that. Also if McGahee doesn't return then the Ravens have to throw some money at Vonta Leach because losing McClain AND McGahee is something that they cannot afford.

Thanks.