Sign in to follow this  
BC

Matt Hasselbeck won't be a Seahawk

Seattle Sports Radio just leaked that sources say Matt Hasselbeck not considering Seattle as one of the options anymore. The frontrunners are Tennessee Titans by far, as they are the most likely to be a contender and will pay the most money for a 2 year deal. Runner ups are Arizona and San Francisco.

Well, it will be unfortunate to watch the Seahawks have miserable offensive play, but knowing we are going to make alot of rebuilding moves is encouraging. We fixed the O-Line up a bit, now we can go after the future franchise quarterback. Andrew Luck, or Matt Barkley, since Pete has ties to Barkley. I just really hope we don't be afraid to move up in the draft to get the guy we really want. We need to be extremely aggessive in the draft this coming year, like when we got Okung, Earl Thomas, and Golden Tate two years ago.

• Downvote 1

The Hawks are better off without him anyway. No point in setting the team back another year in the QB department, which is exactly what any team picking Hasselbeck up is going to get. He's both injury prone and a poor decision maker.

I think the main matter is, it really doesn't matter who the QB in 2011 is, because in 2012 it will be the first round draft selection almost guaranteed. I would give up the entire rest of the class to move up to the top spot if that's what it takes to get Andrew Luck. And if not Luck, Matt Barkley is said to be a great option, though I honestly can say I'm not at all knowledgeable on him. I just hope Pete Carroll and John Schneider get the best guy they can possibly get, rather than take the guy Carroll likes. We did pass on Taylor Mays... who turned out to be a best. So that shows that Pete cares more about winning than getting the guy he coached at USC.