Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

Haynesworth Practices

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Albert Haynesworth practiced with his New England Patriots teammates on Sunday.

The defensive lineman passed his conditioning test Sunday morning, clearing the way for him to join practice, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Haynesworth wore No. 92 during the team's morning walkthrough, at the team's training facility at Gillette Stadium.

The Patriots officially announced the acquisition of Haynesworth on Friday, and when Haynesworth didn't practice Saturday, it prompted speculation that he didn't pass the team's conditioning test. Haynesworth, of course, had famously repeatedly failed conditioning tests during his rocky tenure with the Washington Redskins.

That speculation was fueled in part by coach Bill Belichick's non-answer to a question about the defensive lineman. Asked if Haynesworth had passed his conditioning test, Belichick said, "There are things we still need to do with Albert for him to be able to get on the practice field, and when those things are done, he'll be out there."

How Haynesworth fits into the Patriots' defense will be a top story line in training camp.

"With any player, you're trying to identify their strengths and their weaknesses, what they do well. The reality is that any player we bring into this program, they're going to define what their role is going to be with their performance and what they do on the field," Patriots director of player development Nick Caserio said Sunday. "The more they can do, and they can execute those assignments and techniques, then they'll be put in that position.

"Albert has been a good football player in this league. He's big, he's strong, he's athletic, he's a disruptive player. I think we've all taken the approach that if the guy is a good football player, we'll find a way to use him, and in the end it's up to the player to determine what his role is going to be moving forward."

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPNBoston.com.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6820720/albert-haynesworth-joins-new-england-patriots-practice

Glad that he passed the physical on the 1st try. That's a good sign, me thinks.

If he didn't pass a physical the trade would've never happened...

^My bad...meant condititioning run/test. There was a report yesterday that he failed the conditioning test but that was untrue, he never took it.

None of that crap matters. Teams will still scheme to double Haynesworth which will make it easier on somebody else to make plays. If I were a Patriots fan, I'd say go get Lofa Tatupu from Seattle. He's a no nonsense MLB team captain that came into the league as a rookie & put the veteran d-linemen into their places on day one. He's a risk health wise, but a very smart football player, and the Pats could use another LB anyways.

I believe this qualifies as a news update: Albert Haynesworth is mauling Patriots OLs, specifically Rich Ohrnberger
  • Upvote 1